“Fantastic burgers!”
Review of Chopped - CLOSED

Chopped
Reviewed 26 June 2017

We came here for brunch on Saturday and instead of the usual ‘bacon and eggs’, we both opted for the burgers. He had the ‘Birdie’ and I had the ‘Miss Piggy’. We also ordered tea, which came in big chunky mugs which I loved drinking out of. The food didn’t take long to arrive and both plates had a generous portion of skinny fries. We gobbled the burgers down and they were absolutely delicious, crammed full of pork in mine and chicken in his. The fries were cooked and seasoned perfectly, a nice crunchy golden brown with just the right amount of BBQ rub. Everything was so tasty and neither of us left a crumb on the plate. The table of four next to us all ordered bagels, and again, not a crumb left on the plate. We were really impressed with this place, the staff were super-friendly, the décor was funky and we loved sitting up in the booth section, as if we were in an American diner. The only negative I would make is regarding the music, we both thought it was a bit loud, perhaps a tad lower so you can read the newspaper without the speakers blaring above you.

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

This cafe impressed with its warmth which is important in chch winters. We visited for breakfast. Both my partner and I had the big breakfast. It was standard fare with little to distinguish it but it was hot and well presented. Coffee was also standard. Had a pleasant experience but not sure we'd return.

Reviewed 21 June 2017

We called in early afternoon for a late lunch and enjoyed good service, good coffee and good food. It was busy without being hectic which also helped.

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

We happened apron this place as we walked down Victoria St and were glad we did. A lovely friendly waitress, attentive service, yummy brunch and very good coffee. Nice & war on a brisk morning - perhaps a little too warm, but definitely will be going back.

Reviewed 15 June 2017

We've had take away coffee twice from Chopped. The 2nd order of a flat white was given in a takeaway cup half the size as the first order.
Apparently they have decided to give smaller serves but for the price it wasn't really good value for money.
We returned one cold evening for dinner. It was beautifully warm and welcoming and the Chopped lager is good.
We both had veggie burgers, my husband couldn't eat most of his as it contained a lot of sweetcorn which wasn't listed on the ingredients.
I enjoyed mine, it was tasty though the bun was a bit dry.
My only suggestion would be for bigger plates as my fries kept falling off !