“Disappointing - Attitude patronising”
Review of Belle

Belle
Ranked #489 of 1,196 Restaurants in Christchurch
Price range: US$3 - US$18
Description: We are a funky micro roastery & cafe in Christchurch! Open 7 days serving fresh onsite roasted coffee, offering brunch and lunch by way of menu & cabinet in a funky personable environment! Our tag line is "COFFEE FOOD PEOPLE" sum's it up really. We look forward to welcoming YOU!
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We came for breakfast. Husband ordered full breakfast with pork sausages. What came were were very spicy and he said they did not mention this. The young man just kept repeating in a sarcastic voice that they were pork sausages. Not all of us like or can eat spicy sausages. He eventually agreed to sub some bacon. He just need to say i am sorry and we'd have left it at that. But his patronizing attitude upset us.
I had poached egg on toast and I have to say they were some of the tiniest eggs I have had in a long time ..all in all a disappointing experience.

Its no fun having dietary difficulties and all the lovely things we have to give up, but being patronized is worse...

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (11)

Reviewed 25 November 2020

We were only in Christchurch for a few days but managed to come to this wee gem several times. Food-wise, the chicken filo was to die for but I was even more impressed by the engaged, focused, passionate staff. It is amazing to me when you actually get a fabulous dining experience as a result of staff who are truly committed to the concept of “hospitality”. Colour me impressed. Definitely a must-visit!

Date of visit: November 2020
Reviewed 22 November 2020

I went to Belle Cafe on a very hot day over Show Weekend and it was such a nice place to escape to. The service was wonderful. I was made to feel so welcome by the lovely young women serving and the coffee is beautiful. I also had a bacon & egg tartlet with a small side salad. Delicious! And I couldn't resist having a slice of cheesecake and taking home a piece of ginger crunch.

Date of visit: November 2020
Reviewed 22 October 2020 via mobile

Came here for brunch after seeing reviews and we also gave it 5 stars. Great coffee, lovely menu. I had the smashed avo witj poached egg and hubby had poached eggs with bacon. All very nice. Lovely service

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 2 September 2020 via mobile

We came here twice for breakfast and were very impressed with the breakfasts and coffee. Great muffins and scones in the cabinet and generously sized delicious cooked breakfasts too. Close to Margaret Mahy Playground and right beside the tramline. Highly recommend!

Date of visit: September 2020