1,601 results
All reviews teddy bear pescatore restaurant small luxury hotel park suite new zealand turn down service hagley park junior suite heated floors lovely hotel beautiful park our honeymoon avon river underfloor heating botanical gardens victoria street south island
Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

We decided to stay at The George as we prefer boutique hotels. The George fit the bill and we enjoyed every day. The rooms are modern and the service is impeccable. The staff are friendly and professional. We enjoyed dinner at the restaurant, the hotel is both close to the city and airport. Highly recommended for a weekend escape.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank jamoperth1
Reviewed 5 November 2018

Location Location Location - right opposite Hagley Park, walking distance to the city CBD shopping and food center. Clean, pleasant and very polite staff. Bistro is relaxed enough to enjoy with friends but offers a great variety of meals, both dinner and b.fast. Cldnt fault it.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Explore44287107598
Reviewed 3 November 2018

The George at Christchurch has a very good location, the rooms are very accommodating. The concierge service is very lacking when compared to other high quality hotels. The Day shift manager was fantastic, she wanted to make sure we had a great stay!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 November 2018

My wife and I were thrilled by the excellence of service, especially the concierge. Upon checking into the room, I noticed I could not figure out the air conditioning system and the concierge immediately came up to the room and showed me how to get it working. Elsewhere, he made several wonderful recommendations.We had brekkie each day in Bistro 50, and the food was delicious, and dinner one night there as well. Among the best lamb dishes I've ever had.In all, a wonderful hotel for our brief, 2-night stay in Christchurch.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Philip S
TheGeorgeGM, General Manager at The George Christchurch, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2018

Dear Philip S
We are thrilled to hear your recent stay with us was such an enjoyable one, made more so by the helpful service you encountered from our Concierge and your dining experiences in 50 Bistro. We hope we might welcome you back on a future occasion and thank you for taking the time to post your review.
Kind regards

Bruce Garrett

Reviewed 2 November 2018

Everytime I stay in Christchurch for Business, I book The George Hotel. It's comfortable, they know what I like, offer me a corporate rate and even put me in my favourite room if it's available. The amenities, central location and ease to get to the airport accompanied by great service make it a no brainer.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank OnAir582856

Dear OnAir582856
We are always delighted to welcome back our valued returning guests and are so pleased that once again you enjoyed and appreciated all the comforts of your “home away from home”.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Christchurch and thank you for taking the time to post your review.
Kind regards