Ibis Christchurch(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
  • Free Internet
US$198
US$166
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$216/night.

Merivale Manor(Christchurch)
US$66
US$60
US$115
  • Restaurant
Airport Gateway Motor Lodge(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$64
US$126
US$93
Amross Court Motor Lodge(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$79
Agoda.com
YHA Christchurch(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
US$45
US$41
Agoda.com
1,066 results
All reviewscathedral squarecentral locationhand basinper daynew zealandregent streetthe heart of the citygood sizecomfortable hotelrestart mallbuffet breakfastfree internetone night staysouth islandbotanical gardensearthquakesink
Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

Beautiful hotel. Fabulous room. Fantastic location. Lovely breakfast. Welcoming staff. What more can you ask for. The rooms were big and spotless. Had all the amenities. Right next to the cathedral. And 5 mins walk to the museum and gardens. Our room had the view of the cathedral when is under reconstruction due to the earthquake. I would recommend this hotel to all my fellow travellers

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

Great location, rooms are well appointed, although having the wash basin in the room rather than in the bathroom is a little odd. The TV is huge! The bed was extremely comfortable and overall the room was fairly quiet.
I didn't want to eat in house and eventually found a great Indian restaurant close by - unfortunately there are still not a lot if options in Chrustchurch since the earthquakes.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 June 2017

The centrally located hotel with everything within walking distance from the hotel is modern built .Rooms are ok but toilets are small .
The service staff of housekeeping slow ..till 3 .30 p.m. our room left at 8.30 for cleaning was not cleaned !
While they checked in us early due to Accor membership they did not clean the room on day one as we had early morning flight and had to take baths after we checked in .
No towels replacement .
It is these small thing that matter to travellers that spoils the experience .
THe breakfast is the best part of the stay but the communications part is a dampner ..very slow wifi in the rooms in this age in such a big city .

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2017

We have been in Christchurch for business the past 4 days and decided to stay at the Novotel in the city centre.
The location is great, the rooms are nice with a great big TV, but I found the bed a little uncomfortable. The heating system is also very noisey and the bathroom tissue is that cheap 1 ply sandpaper type.The breakfast on level 1 each day was fantastic.

But then there were the disappointing features which are the difference between a good hotel and a very average one, especially when you're travelling.
My travel agent registered my Accor membership when the booking was made, but when checking in they couldn't find it so I was informed I would have to pay $10 per day for wifi access unless I could find my number, are you kidding me in these modern times??
After finding my number and getting into the wifi service we found it to be so slow with general work just timing out.
Due to our mid afternoon flight out of Christchurch we requested a later checkout from 11am until noon, but were told that extra hour was not possible.
The hotel leave a form on your bed each day welcoming feedback. I filled this in outlining my concerns at the level of facilities & service and handed it to the front reception, this was 18 hours prior to my checkout, although there is a telephone and a messaging service in my room at no time did management try to contact me to discuss my concerns. So all in all they really don't care that much.
Novotel Christchurch, you are very average.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

My husband and I checked out of Novotel yesterday after a three day stay. We were absolutely blown away by the friendly and efficient customer service from the concierge, front desk to restaurant- absolutely next level. We opted to pay for valet parking as it seemed very worthwhile to avoid the stress of finding parks and we received this at a discounted rate due to the length of our stay. A nice little extra was finding the fresh bottle of water placed in the car at check out.

The room was not the flashest we have stayed in but was super clean and the bed was comfortable. Yes the basin is in an unusual location but the natural light made applying makeup a lot easier! Price wise Novotel was very competitive in what is an expensive city to stay in.

The breakfast was great with all of the options you might require.

Would highly recommend this hotel, an absolute pleasure to deal with.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple