Merivale Manor
Hotel 115 Christchurch(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$67
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$78/night.

Ibis Christchurch(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$74
US$71
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$86/night.

Belmont Motor Inn(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
US$81
Airport Gateway Motor Lodge(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
US$65
US$62
US$78
US$67
Rendezvous Hotel Christchurch(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$78
  • Restaurant
Arthur's Court Motor Lodge(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$72
US$209
US$191
All reviewsthe main housebreakfast cerealspeacock suitespa studionew zealandmerivale mallpapanui roadcity centrefree wifiold houseminute walksouth islandnz holidayroad noisevisiting christchurchmain roadfriendly owners
Reviewed 22 May 2011

I have been meanting to write this review for a few months, I stayed at Merrivale Manor every week for about 6 months after the first earthquake. It is outstanding, to find a place to stay that is so well presented with friendly, helpful owners when you are away from home is essential. The rooms are large with fully equipped kitchens, all the mod cons and some units have roomy twin showers. This is the only place I would stay in Christchurch.

Room Tip: Ask for the best fit for your needs
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 May 2011

This is the third time I've stayed here. The manor is just gorgeous! The rooms are all beautifully furnished, and spacious.
The hosts are very friendly and helpful.
I'm so glad this lovely property has withstood the recent earthquakes!

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed 27 March 2011

What a wonderful motel. Great value, friendly service, clean modern and classy rooms. Being on a business trip I am now reviewing a few motels and this is by far exceeds our other accomodation experiences.
Thank you Merivale Manor. I will be highly recommending you.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank traveller1Dunedin
Reviewed 27 February 2011

This month (Feb 2011) seemed to be an incredibly busy time for hotels in the downtown Christchurch area, and although I wanted to book in the CBD area, all of the available rooms were in the $250-400 range.
Fortunately, I found Merivale Manor, and was blown away by the quality of the rooms for a reasonable price.
The room I stayed in was quite large and spacious, with high ceilings and a somewhat traditional and luxurious feel.

Great people, great facilities, reasonable location (closer to the airport than CBD is), and close to grocery stores and the Merivale Mall. Less than 2km from CBD, so it was walkable, but the bus stop is right in front anyway. Taxis are always close by too, so transportation was not too much of an issue.

They offered free milk and bread (when asked for), an assortment of teas and jams, very nice organic shampoos. Modern stove top, microwave, electric kettle, iron, radio/CD player? (didn't use it), flat-panel TV.
Even a special fixed heater for the bathroom.
Free DVD selection to borrow as well.

Mike and Samantha were great--extremely friendly and very helpful. They give off a "neighborly" feel.

In any hotel you stay at, there can be minor issues from time to time. When I had some internet connectivity issues at first, Mike spent a good deal of time coming in and out making sure everything was working fine. He was extremely bubbly and courteous.

We also made a mistake in our booking, booking for 3 nights and not 4, which I realized on the third day. Unfortunately, all the rooms had been booked out that 4th night long in advance, so Samantha and Mike went out of their way to make sure me and my colleagues were moved into an available room in the Diplomat Motel right across the road.
We went out for business that morning, and while we were gone, Mike packed up all of our belongings and moved everything into the other accomodation for us!.
He even moved our food that was in the fridge on the Merivale Manor dishes into the other motel's fridge!

Overall, I can't recommend Merivale Manor enough!

--Jacob

p.s. The recent earthquake has affected everyone in the Christchurch area, but if you are concerned, it may be helpful for me to note that Merivale Manor rooms are all on the 1st or 2nd floors, which makes it safer.

The buildings that are the most susceptible to structural damage from earthquakes are generally the multi-storeyed buildings downtown.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 September 2010

Unfortunately we arrived in Christchurch a week after the earthquake and the
original accommodation that we can booked was no longer suitable. telephoned the Merivale Manor and was advised by the superfriendly Mike that had the perfect
2 bedroom unit for our larger family group. We came to inspect and of course
said straight away that we would take it. We were in the Manor part of the Motel, ground floor with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a lovely big lounge/kitchen/dining area, lovely large foyer which gave a spacious feeling to the apartment.
Very close to the shops/banks and a good supermarket.
Absolutely loved our experience, would stay there again and will not hesitate to recommend

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family