“A very nice neighborhood restaurant”
Review of Misceo Cafe & Bar

Misceo Cafe & Bar
Ranked #355 of 1,103 Restaurants in Christchurch
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We have been here a couple of times and both times had great meals. We would call this fusion cuisine at it best. The pizzas are top notch and the sandwiches are interesting and well made. The jerk chicken sliders was particularly tasty.

Reviewed 13 February 2018

I am a very picky eater and there are a lot of things I do not eat. However, here I was able to find kumara salad, soup to my liking and even wild venison. Absolutely amazing food, great atmosphere and nice interior. The staff was nice as well. I went there twice while I was visiting Christchurch.

Reviewed 1 February 2018

We dine at this middle of the road eatery often as you know what you are getting and for a casual dinner it is reasonably priced and staff are generally attentive and friendly. I chose a lamb salad as I have had it in the past and it has been delicious - presented on a long platter with the lamb rare and of generous proportion. Sadly last night I could not finish the dish, in fact embarrassingly 'gagging' on a piece of the meat and subtly depositing it into my serviette. Rather than fresh rare lamb - it tasted as if the meat was an old roast of hoggert or mutton that had been reheated. It was placed on top of a bowl of mesculin leaves with feta and beetroot and not much else - I couldn't detect any dressing at all. What a shame - my fellow diners were nonetheless satisfied with their meals so all was not lost. As usual service was good and there was a busy upbeat ambiance so ..... we will return but maybe not for a while.

Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

Love the food and the venue, always come to misceos and am usually really happy with everything but the service recently has been below average, usually get table service but haven't the last two times not sure if you guys have changed how you run things or staff where just being lazy? In spite of this the food is excellent just think the service needs to improve!

Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

Good wine, good food and good company.
What more could you wish for.
We had a great evening out. The choice of menu items were varied and well presented. Gluten free well catered for.
We started with flatbreads - what a treat.
Then my husband and my parents had the pizzas while I had the pork. Flavours were wonderful. Everything looked delicious and it was so hard to pick from the menu as you really just wanted to try a little of each.
Staff were attentive and very helpful.
The wines were to die for. Can’t wait to go again.