“Typical American Joint”

Cuisines: Australian, International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 17 August 2016

Had chicken burger that was fresh but my sister had the best bangers and mash with fresh peas that was delicious...highly recommend that

Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

For a cheap American breakfast dining experience, this is actually a pleasant change from your standard cafe breakfast. The food is cheap crap but sometimes that's what you want. I got exactly what I was looking for, the restaurant was clean and the staff were happy and welcoming.
No complaints from me (:

Reviewed 2 June 2016

Revolting is how I would describe the food. I took my grandson there as a 'treat'.........His meal was good for him. He had the kids hotdog and at least it was a hotdog and he enjoyed it. I ordered the chicken nibbles. Honestly, I couldn't get the meat off the bone it was soooo tough and stringy and I started to feel sick. I pushed the plate away from me and I will say the service was good, because right away a staff member approached me and asked me how my food was. I told her I couldn't eat it and to her credit, she immediately took it away, said I didn't have to pay for it and brought me the menu to order something else. I thought breakfast would be a safe option.........WRONG! Everything on the plate tasted like dishwater and the eggs were swimming in grease. I find it very hard to believe they have qualified chef's in their kitchen nor that what I was eating was 'real' food. Sorry Denny's your food is gross and I will never eat there again. The coffee was awful too unfortunately.

1  Thank Melanie A
Reviewed 28 May 2016

Love this place, being from America, I use to eat at Denny's frequently, when I discovered that Christchurch had one, I actually cried. The food is excellent as is the staff. I go there almost every time I visit Christchurch.

Reviewed 5 May 2016

We called in to Denny's recently for breakfast, because we used to go there when I was cab driving in Christchurch.

The place has not been painted out for a long time, the service was off hand, the food was appalling and tasteless.

I had the french toast, egg and bacon and that was passable, but my wife's breakfast of sausages and Hashbrowns etc was terrible. The sausages has no taste at all and the best thing I guess was the hash brown !

The bottomless coffee was there, but I can only think that they drag the coffee grinds through a ditch, and then put them in the pot for brewing, Tasteless liquid that could never pass for coffee in anyone's language

There is no wifi, so no good if you wanted to have a business breakfast. Personally i prefer to have wifi, so that I can catch up on the news, read the emails, and also plan the rest of the day. I was unable to do this until I got to Maccas, and had a decent coffee, fast wifi, and was able to charge up the cellphone !

Finally the news paper, and they used to have a number of these, was mainly older editions fro days past, which was fine as we had just arrived, but we will not be back.... Denny's its time to close your place or do a mighty refurbishment, including the Menu, the staff and the Chef.

Perhaps it might be best to go back to the USA and see how they do things over there and get re vitalised !