“Great burgers, very expensive sides”

BurgerFuel Invercargill
Ranked #30 of 104 Restaurants in Invercargill
Price range: US$3 - US$14
Description: BurgerFuel: The ultimate experience in gourmet burgers, incorporating delicious, fresh natural ingredients in an atmosphere as charged as our food. Because we believe that life is too short to eat bad burgers, we cook 'em and prepare 'em while you wait, to bring you a healthy, built fresh alternative in gourmet fast food. We've cooked and eaten a whole lot of burgers in our time to get them to taste as good as they do, but that's ok with us, our stores are our temples and burgers are our religion. We're continually looking for the freshest, healthiest, most wholesome ingredients, free from artificial colours, flavours, preservatives, additives and GE modifications. That's why we use 100% pure grass fed NZ beef smashed juicy and succulent free range chicken. We also offer gluten free, vegetarian, vegan and halal options on our menu, as well as specials using different and unusual ingredients to provide variety and adventure to the world's burger connoisseurs. It's the BurgerFuel way. While it's mostly about the burgers, we're into some other stuff too. Like saving the planet. That's why we run an ongoing 'enviro-mental' and sustainability campaign - a lot of tree hugging has gone in to the design of our chip cups, doofers and burger bags.
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

Just a not for those wanting to eat at Burger Fuel. I'm a big fan of their burgers and genes the reason Maccas and Burger King won't see my cash. The down side is the price of fries and drinks is ridiculous. $4.90 for a medium side drink and what I would call a small fries. Took my son there for lunch, two burgers two drinks and one order of fries came to $47.

My advice is if you want a decent tasty burger you'd be hard pushed to find anything better, price wise don't buy anything else, too expensive.

Reviewed 18 June 2017

We enjoyed our burgers very much. The place is warm and cosy with the gas fire going. Perfect for a Friday night cheap eat. Tasty burgers and fries and plenty of selection to choose from. and Service was great

Reviewed 11 May 2017

I was greeted when I walked in, it was clean, warm and welcoming. Food arrived quickly and was very tasty

They have a great selection of burgers, use healthy delicious ingredients and they also have gluten free options.

I was in BurgerFuel twice and the service and food is consistently good. The burgers are so tasty!!!!

I love the home ambiance, very clean and indeed a cozy atmosphere and a great Kiwi hospitality! :)

The inside part of the restaurant provides you a calm area to eat and rest far from the city hustle and bustle.

A much better choice than all the fast food joints available today and very well balanced.

If you are a vegetarian you will be pleasantly surprised to find a tofu version of the burger.

The sizes of the burgers vary from a smaller size, if you are watching your waistline or a larger one if you feel hungry. The same can be said about the prices.

They use char grilled chicken breast instead of frozen patty which is really a healthy option.

Their burger are huge consist special aioli sauce & served in Doofer, a folding cardboard burger-holder. Great taste & fresh very different from any other burger we know.

I am cyclist and recently ate two burgers-Bas#ard which I ate before and love it to bits and limited edition-Smack and Cheese. The last one is 100% pure grass fed, New Zealand Beef smashed Juicy with Macaroni Cheese , Melted Cheddar, Super-Tasty Bacon, Cheese Sauce, Salad and Relish on a Wholemeal Bun. Additionally there is truffle Aioli and my favourite-Macaroni Cheese. Yummy yummy in my tummy tummy!

They gave me a fuel for next 100 km of challenging ride through New Zealand slopes! Real, powerful fuel for my muscles!

You will find 17 high quality pictures of the Burger Fuel Invercargill, Bas#ard and Smack&Cheese Burgers. Take a look how huge they are! Burgerfuel is top notch and you must taste it!

Reviewed 2 May 2017

Excellent clean facility, with good quality tasty food. Staff are very friendly and always willing to make little changes to make my food how I like it

Reviewed 13 March 2017

Good yum inexpensive burgers, perfect fodder after a few days out tramping!! Defo drop in if a quick scrummie feed is what you are after!