“Friendly, Quick & Tasteful”
Review of Speights Ale House

Speights Ale House
Ranked #7 of 104 Restaurants in Invercargill
Price range: US$6 - US$28
Cuisines: American, International, New Zealand
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Southern most Speight's Ale House in New Zealand. Offering only the freshest local produce along with the best tap beer selection in Invercargill.Come and experience Southlands friendly hospitality with food and wine to match everyones tastes.
Reviewed 12 July 2017

My wife and I tried Speights last week for an early evening meal. We both had steak and I also had a spicy tomato soup, It was a very satisfying meal , quickly prepared. The staff were very friendly. All in All a very good night out.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

On 7/7/17 I wasn't planned to go here for dinner but since other place were fully book I decide to try their famous lamb and it was great! I sat near the stairs and watched every single dish and dessert which look tempting as well. Up stair was good atmosphere for having dinner with big screen for sport fans or other events that played. They also have live band played that night, i feel home dance with other customers who are very welcomes. All in all, was a great packages, nice friendly staffs, good service, good food, good atmosphere!

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

We were in Invercargill for three days and we'd come to expect a very low level of customer service. Not sure why, it just seemed to be that way everywhere.
Not so here! Abbie was so welcoming and competent and my husband and I both commented that it was a lovely change from most other places.
We always find food we like at Speights wherever we go and this was no exception, but it was the service from Abbie that really made this visit great.

1  Thank Knappstars
Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

We had an awesome family dinner with our extended family celebrating an 80th birthday. Everyone enjoyed their meals. Was a lovely night out and staff were very attentive with our large crowd.

Reviewed 22 May 2017

At the aleshouse for a few drinks with friends before jumping on a plane home to auckland. Great atmosphere and service. We booked a taxi to the airport which didn't turn up - one of the staff saw us looking a little worried - and gave us a lift to the airport at no charge - where can you get that sort of service - thanks again