All reviews hotel facilities motel units the main hotel sports bar swimming pool reception staff place to stay one bedroom apartment three nights room was spacious visiting invercargill full kitchen stayed here for one night town centre south island home away from home stewart island
Reviewed 13 November 2017

We stayed one night in a motel unit, in the grounds of the hotel.
After 2 or 3 weeks of small, mostly individual motels or canpsites,this place was amazing.The hotel/ motel and grounds were huge.
The room was also very large,but clinical in the mushroom grey decor. It was clean and the bed comfortable,did for a night. Would choose to stay somewhere else though if ever this way again, as the place totally lacks any warmth or character.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Bryan T, General Manager at Ascot Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Hello and thank you for your trip advisor review. I appreciate you noting the cleanliness and condition of our Motel units. I do agree that the Motels are very neutral in décor. If it is something a little different you are after, may I suggest you try our newly refurbished Hotel accommodation, very classy indeed. We would love to be of service again in the future.
Kind Regards Bryan Townley

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Four of us were there for a convention. Rooms were very comfortable with ensuite bathroom and tea/coffee making facilities in room. Television in room. Staff were very friendly and accommodating and service was excellent. I would stay again and would recommend to friends.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 November 2017

I enjoyed my short stay in this hotel which is some distance from the city centre. My "room" was actually a suite with a lounge, dining area, separate sleeping are and spacious bathroom. Very comfortable and equipped with everything that was necessary. Staff were excellent and friendly. I enjoyed dinner and breakfast and the food and service of high quality. No problems with my request to mix and match the menu.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 November 2017

This hotel has to be the best place to stay when in the deep south, our room had been remodelled and this only increased our opinion of our stay.
The staff are very helpful and the whole place was very clean.
Great location to the velodrome and stadium.

Room Tip: Ask for a recently remodelled room.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Bryan T, General Manager at Ascot Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Hello and thank you for your positive feedback, it is very much appreciated.
Kind Regards Bryan and the Ascot Team

Reviewed 4 November 2017

From the time our group of 30 arrived, we were very efficiently serviced by a well trained staff. The rooms had been recently upgraded and were a nice size. The restaurant met the group needs very efficiently. The hotel was very busy but this did not appear to diminish service quality

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Bryan T, General Manager at Ascot Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2017

Hello and thank you for your kind feedback on Trip Advisor. I trust your tour has been an enjoyable experience throughout.
Kindest regards