“Satisfying hotel meal”

Kelvin Hotel Invercargill
Ranked #38 of 104 Restaurants in Invercargill
Reviewed 17 September 2017

Went here for a meal while in Dunedin for work and had a surprisingly good dining experience. The staff are well used to solo diners and I felt I had the right amount of attention from wait staff. The meal was a perfectly tasty chicken breast accompanied by a glass of good Pinot noir. Not haute cuisine but what good hotel meal should be.

Aaron M, General Manager at Kelvin Hotel Invercargill, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Hello, we are happy to get your positive feedback. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Aaron

Reviewed 31 July 2017

Went with my daughter and Grandson. Food was good but not as good as I remember it many years ago. I thought it was slightly overpriced for what we received.

Aaron M, General Manager at Kelvin Hotel Invercargill, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Thank you Julia for your feedback. We make sure all our prices are inline with the market. If you are wanting some cheaper meal options why not try our Wednesday night special or our current Friday night steak promotion? Aaron

Reviewed 28 May 2017

I had several meals here during my stay. There is an excellent choice of food and wines by the glass, accompanied by good service. While I am not an oyster enthusiast, I did love the blue cod they served.

Aaron M, General Manager at Kelvin Hotel Invercargill, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2017

Hello Finona,
Glad to hear you enjoyed the food and the selection.

Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for business. The hotel is located in central Invercargill.
The hotel was replacing their carpets so the smell was quite strong as I entered.
The staff were very friendly and helpful by offering to park my car.
The rooms were pokey and had a old smell. The bathroom was renovated and clean. Unfortunately the rooms overlooked a busy Main Street and was very noisy. There was a sports bar attached to the hotel which served quality pub grub. Breakfast was fine but not amazing.

Would I stay here again, probably not.

Aaron M, General Manager at Kelvin Hotel Invercargill, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2017

Hello OzTraveller,
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback. The hotel is like you said, in the centre of town. Yet you seem surprised to be over looking a main street, did you asked to move to the back side of the hotel?
Renovations are happening, we are all excited by the day to day progress.

Reviewed 6 February 2017

We ended up here as a result of booking mix up. The room was pleasant, though a little noisy. Well located in the centre of town with Valet parking.

Aaron M, General Manager at Kelvin Hotel Invercargill, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2017

Thank you Jane.