“Elegant”

Price range: US$15 - US$32
Cuisines: European, New Zealand
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: On the lakefront, Hilton Queenstown's signature restaurant the Wakatipu Grill reflects the best of New Zealand on a grand scale. The cuisine is inspiring, with provocative takes on New Zealand flavours. Vast windows frame the extraordinary sight of the lake. An open kitchen and rotisserie, along with two circular slate fireplaces, lend even more drama to this magnificent and sensuous space. In the bar, be tempted by yet another captivating perspective of the lake, or an exceptional vintage – the 1000-strong wine cellar has a keen focus on Otago’s best winemakers. Or linger on the generous terrace where the elements combine to spectacular effect: the lake’s indigo depths, the clear air, rich earthy tones and a decadent outdoor fire pit.
Reviewed 3 September 2017

We were only there for breakfast after staying at Double Tree but were very impressed with the decor and layout of the restaurant. Pity we had to wlk all the way around the premises to get in as the other doors were all blocked off. Guess they open them laterin the day. Breakfast was quite good, buffet style. Wait staff were friendly and welcoming. Very niceplace to di e. Oh yes, lovely views of the lake as well.

1  Thank Yvonne T

Reviewed 22 August 2017

I only had one meal at the Wakatipu Grill, and this was breakfast. I was very impressed with the wide selection and high quality of the food. The staff were friendly, helpful and efficient, making me and my colleague very comfortable. Overall a great dining experience.

1  Thank J4XON
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

I am staying at the DoubleTree however I have my breakfast here at the Hilton. Complimentary for being a loyal diamond member.

The lady who made my omelette just make it exactly the way I love it ... extra greens!

Well done!

1  Thank Mantatattoo
Reviewed 9 August 2017

We had of a voucher we've got from Entertainment ( buy one main course get one for free).So we decided to try out at this restaurant.

Our kids ordered from the kids menu which was surprisingly a great value-for-money( I think kid's set was about $15-17 which included main course ,dessert ). For adults, we ordered eye fillet and sirloin steak which were fabulous too. Except for the desert which I ordered ice cream with poached pear, the portion was surprisingly small.
We also tried the ciabatta bread with olive oil and balsamic vinegar alongside.Bread was nicely baked and dippings were fragrant. All in all, it was great and restaurant was fully packed that night. I think it is best to make reservation in advance and it is only opened at night.

1  Thank simfl2002
Reviewed 4 August 2017

A v\ery creative menu using local produce gives a great menu. This is then served by well trained and friendly staff.

1  Thank BeijingEye