“Dessert Delights”

Price range: US$15 - US$31
Cuisines: European, New Zealand
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: On the lakefront, Hilton Queenstown's signature restaurant the Wakatipu Grill reflects the best of New Zealand on a grand scale. The cuisine is inspiring, with provocative takes on New Zealand flavours. Vast windows frame the extraordinary sight of the lake. An open kitchen and rotisserie, along with two circular slate fireplaces, lend even more drama to this magnificent and sensuous space. In the bar, be tempted by yet another captivating perspective of the lake, or an exceptional vintage – the 1000-strong wine cellar has a keen focus on Otago’s best winemakers. Or linger on the generous terrace where the elements combine to spectacular effect: the lake’s indigo depths, the clear air, rich earthy tones and a decadent outdoor fire pit.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Called in after our Japanese dinner in town feeling still a little hungry and as we were staying here we ventured to try their desserts. The waitress who greeted us was politely relieved that we only wanted coffee and pudding as it was a little late so we got a choice of where to sit in the rapidly emptying restaurant.
This is fine dining so don’t expect budget prices and at $6 for a long black is what I’m talking about. We ordered two different desserts and both were immaculately presented and scrumptiously delicious as was my expensive coffee. How come when you order a black coffee everywhere you are always asked “would you like some milk?” Unusual to say the least, at least to me (sorry for saying least twice in that sentence).
When we left they forgot to charge me for the coffee haha so a $0 coffee and not a $6 ergo a 10/10 rating.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

When you can eat at a restaurant and find yourself smiling at the quality of the food then you know you've hit upon a very special place. This was the case for me with the Wakatipu Grill. The restaurant is the signature restaurant of the Queenstown Hilton Resort and Spa, and was well worth the visit. The initial greeting was personalised, and was just the way to start what was a great dining experience. The restaurant features a monthly key ingredient (this month it was chocolate), and provides a three-course offering highlighting the key ingredient. Notwithstanding, there was also an al a carte menu to order from. Rather than choose a glass of wine myself, I asked my waiter for her recommendation. Her knowledge was expansive and included an offering of the two wines I was considering for my meal. I have to say the final recommendation paired excellently with my meal. However, it isn't only the food which is to die for. The presentation was a mini work of culinary art, and capably showcased the pride of the team who prepared it. If you're staying at the Hilton and are after a lovely meal in a stunning lakeview setting then I would highly recommend the Wakatipu grill. A point to note though. This restaurant is very much in demand, and rightly so. If you're staying at the Hilton make sure you reserve a table when you make your booking.

2  Thank HMARMAC
Reviewed 12 March 2018

Great dining experience with the scenic view and great food. Scenery was fantastic and nothing to complain about.

1  Thank Lynnseetoh
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

We ate here every morning while at the Hilton. It was good, their omelettes were just okay. They don’t offer pancakes or Belgium waffles on the buffet but you can have them made special order. Eggs Benedict was just ok. The scenery is beautiful and the host seemed accommodating. Their pastries were very good and the offer juicing machines that you can make your juice with whole carrots, celery, pineapple, apples, ginger. Their steamed dumplings were pretty good.

1  Thank MEWEHR1977
Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

Some of the best risotto we’ve had and none of party are vegan or vegetarian. Enjoyed the salmon and steak special-all delicious and service was fantastic. Paula was super sweet and friendly.

1  Thank JKCNTX