“So handy to centre of Queenstown”

Copthorne Hotel and Resort Queenstown Lakefront
Ranked #33 of 57 Hotels in Queenstown
Reviewed 3 July 2017

Fabulous location, very comfortable room, good views over lake and fabulous staff.
Small accidental problem on arrival but Vera, assistant front desk manager went out of her way to fix it and ensured we had a fantastic stay. Highly recommend this hotel, location is only a 5 minute walk to the centre of town. We left our car parked at the hotel and walked to bars, restaurants and shops. Queenstown is a nightmare for parking

Room Tip: Lake view room if possible
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
robertoakes, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel and Resort Queenstown Lakefront, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2017

Thank you for your review Peter, I shall pass on your kind comments to Vera and our staff ,we certainly appreciate your feedback .
I hope you enjoyed your time in Queenstown .

There are newer reviews for Copthorne Hotel and Resort Queenstown Lakefront

Reviewed 3 July 2017

The hotel looked out over the lake and it was very impressive. The service was good and it appeared to be a stop for most tours. There were also laundry facilities which was nice as we were running out of clothes. The hotel is about 4 blocks from downtown so in easy walking distance.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a lakeside view.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
robertoakes, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel and Resort Queenstown Lakefront, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2017

Thank you Dan for your review, I am happy to hear you enjoyed the Wonderful views. We appreciate your feedback & I hope you enjoyed your time in Queenstown .

Reviewed 28 June 2017

This is a run of the mill hote.l it has everything you need without grabbing your attention. In other words there is nothing wrong with it. The staff were pleasant, the rooms clean and a good size. I had a view over the lake which was nice. It is an easy walk down into town an probably a $5-6 taxi ride home if you dont want ot walk back up the hill. The only issue I had was with the carparking. I didnt go back to check but my impression from the description when booking was that there was free carparking but when I got there it was a $10 charge or park on the road - which wasnt an easy option. I would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
robertoakes, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel and Resort Queenstown Lakefront, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2017

Thank You for your Review . We appreciate your feedback and I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed the views of the lake . I apologise you were under the impression we had free parking . We do offer a limited amount of car parking which is $10 overnight or $20 for the duration of stay. Thank you once again for your comments & I hope you enjoyed your time in Queenstown .

Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

The room and living areas were nice and modern but the lift interior was scruffy. I was told the hotel had limited parking and I would have to park on the street which I was not happy about. Room service was good and I enjoyed my meal.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. Parking does appear to be an issue here in Queenstown and I apologise for the inconvenience, as it certainly can be hard to find on street car parking at the moment. We do offer limited car parking spaces in our underground car parks. This is $10 per night or $20 for duration of stay.
I am happy to hear you enjoyed your meal with us and hope you enjoyed your time in Queenstown.

Reviewed 25 June 2017

This hotel is in a good location, being in a quiet area a short walk from everything, but the facilities are a big drab and dated. Breakfast is extensive but not tasty--I suggest skipping the breakfast and taking a short walk to get something much better and cheaper in town. The staff were pretty unpleasant to me when I was unaware that the checkout time was so ridiculously early, going immediately to blaming me for signing something without read it carefully (really? when you give me 2 pages of tiny print and highlight the 2 things you want me to note?) and threatening me with extra charges rather than being even a little bit understanding or nice about it. They were even more unpleasant with one of my colleagues but said nothing at all to another of our group. If it is so important to management that people be out by 10 a.m., they should have staff mention it at checkin. Whether it is or not, they should be a bit nicer to people who are not aware of their policies.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
robertoakes, General Manager at Copthorne Hotel and Resort Queenstown Lakefront, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Thank you for your review Kathryn. I appreciate your comments and I would like to apologise for how your checkout details were dealt with. I trust you enjoyed your stay in Queenstown and thank you once again for your feedback .