“Good food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 10 June 2017

The food here was pretty good. We both got pasta dishes, plus my husband ordered garlic bread and I ordered a salad. They brought out his garlic bread before the meal, but my salad did not arrive until after the pasta. Now I suppose this is the traditional way to do it in Italy as well as many other parts of the world, but I wasn't used to that and when the waiter brought my salad I nicely told him I had wanted it before my meal. He looked a bit annoyed and said then I should have told him that. It was unfortunate because I don't like feeling scolded by the staff. Also, since so many people coming through are tourists, you'd think he might ask if the guest wanted their salad first, just to avoid mix-ups. He took the salad back, didn't charge me, and we let it go. Still, I would have enjoyed my experience better without that little snafu. Location is great, right in the center of town. Outdoor seating is available in good weather.

There are newer reviews for La Dolce Vita Restaurant

Reviewed 20 May 2017

La Dolce Vita is a large Italian restaurant serving pastas, pizzas and meat and fish dishes. It is in the main street of Te Anau but seemed to lack atmosphere. The waiters were efficient. The meat and four cheese pizzas we ordered came really quickly and were delicious and filling. this was a cheap and tasty meal which we enjoyed.

1  Thank Sheilambutcher
Reviewed 15 May 2017

Our group dined at Cafe La Dolce Vita for dinner the night that we stayed in Te Anau before heading to the Doubtful Sound. Having visited Italy for a couple months their food was very authentic which surprised me being in one of the most southern parts of New Zealand. We had great service from the owner and all of the wait staff. Our food was excellent and they offered large portion sizes.

Te Anau gets hit with multiple bus tours that let out at the hotels and restaurants so just be cautious of where you try to eat as the wait times and service may be negatively affected in this instance. The night that we dined there were no large tour buses that stopped at Cafe La Dolce Vita.

Reviewed 15 May 2017

Understaffed, bog standard Pasta dishes, basic restaurant with no finesse. Owner may be Italian, but his dishes are certainly the worst we've ever eaten, in any restaurant in New Zealand.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

Taste like cheap topping on expensive pizza, probably a tourist trap, dont understand how local do go there