“Excellent Location -- Rockstar Customer Service”
Review of Lakefront Lodge

Lakefront Lodge
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Te Anau
Reviewed 17 August 2017

My wife and I decided to stay in Te Anau after a lovely day at Milford Sound. The hotel is located right on the lake and each room has a lake view out the side patio doors. Restaurants are all within walking distance. We rolled into town about 8pm and after registering were walked personally to our room which was absolutely perfect, spotlessly clean and charming. The studio kitchen includes full coffee service, sugar bowl and french press as well as a standard tea kettle/dishes etc. Staff answered all our questions about the glow worm tour. We relaxed in the large easy chair recliners until moving to the very comfortable bed with super soft sheets. I watched a bit of Netflix on the iPad before checking out the next morning to head back to Queenstown. Upon arriving in Queenstown, I realized I left the iPad behind at the hotel. I called late that night and David answered (while he was at the cinema I think). He told me to have no worries and that they'd ship it to me in the States (b/c it was far too late for the 2.5 hour drive there from Queenstown before a 8 am departure for Sydney). He and Dianne took the time to package it up and send it via courier and it arrived here the day after we returned home. It's refreshing to know that the outstanding character and commitment of the hoteliers at Lakefront Lodge mach the hotel itself. Highly recommend it for all travelers to Te Anau. Book without hesitation!

Room Tip: Ask for the french press coffee!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Lakefront Lodge

Reviewed 15 August 2017

My wife and I toured New Zealand for a month during February and March 2017. We have provided reviews of all the places we stayed at during our tour. To see the reviews of the other places we stayed at please click on my name to the left and then when the box comes up click on my name again.

We stayed at the Lakefront Lodge Te Anau for three nights. The location was very good, being on the lake front, near to the centre of the town. There are individual marked parking places outside each room. The room was large with a separate bedroom and lounge, kitchen and dining areas. The kitchen was fully equipped with Hob, Microwave, kettle, sink, large fridge and all cooking utensils. All of which were good quality and in good condition. There are good quality furnishings in the lounge area including a “lazyboy” sofa. The bedroom was a good size with a large comfortable bed. There were also two other beds in the lounge area. There was also a large bathroom with a 2 person spa bath with an overbath shower. Unfortunately the shower was not thermostatically controlled and the temperature varied a lot while showering.
The owner was very helpful and pleasant. The Lodge is on the lakefront, but the rooms look out on to a side street running at right angles to the lake. There are picnic benches outside the patio doors, but you are sitting 4 – 5 metres from the edge of the street. There is no aircon and although when we were there it was just into Spring it was very hot at night.
The WiFi was excellent with a wireless router in the bedroom and we were able to stream UK TV with our tablets.
There was no safe in the room. However, the proprietor stored our tablet computers in her safe at no charge.
Overall we liked staying here. The location was excellent and the room was very nice and and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Lakefront Lodge is very comfortable and well located. We were warm and comfortable even in mid-winter. The studio unit was well-equipped and the breakfast nicely served and abundant. I wish we could have stayed longer.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Me & my husband stayed here for 2nights and we would definitely recommend this motel for anyone staying in Te Anau. The room was lovely and big and with a comfortable bed. Lakefront lodge faces the lake with beautiful views. Quick 5min walk to all the local shops and restaurant. The lady at the front desk was very helpful who answered all of our questions and recommended restaurants for us.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Lakefrontmotel, Owner at Lakefront Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

We thank you for your review.

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

I have stayed here before and decided to return again on another trip to Milford sound. The service is great, the rooms are modern and clean and the beds are comfortable. The chocolates on the bed are also a great touch.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple