“Great Choice”

Price range: US$7 - US$23
Cuisines: Cafe, New Zealand
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Open daily (except Christmas Day) for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Great coffee. Cabinet of homemade sweet treats. Central Otago wines.Kids Menu. Gluten Free options available. Browse Local artwork. Relax on the couches or out in our sheltered courtyard & let our friendly staff take care of you. Looking for somebody to take care of your outcatering needs? Give us a call.
Reviewed 7 July 2017

We ate here on a whim and both my wife and I were very pleased with the choice. Both of our dishes were great and our waiter was terrific as well. Prices were reasonable and I would recommend this place to anyone.

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

Stopped for brunch here yesterday, the omelette was good but I did have food envy when my wife's giant toasty turned up.. it kept us both going until we ate the cheese/tomato and cayenne pepper scone we took away, this was still warm out of the oven and was delicious!!

Good service, plenty of heaters on inside for a cold day and the locals were very friendly!

Reviewed 13 June 2017

This place is fine for lunch. The food is good with a wide selection and it was served quickly. The service is OK, they seemed grumpy that we didn't order drinks! The other downside is the toilets are outside in a room that has no heating! It was close to freezing that day so you need to make sure a trip there is a quick one!

Reviewed 10 June 2017

Let me be clear that we did not eat inside this café, but they provided a picnic lunch for us as part of the transportation on Fiordland Tours to Cruise Milford (see separate reviews). Normally I wouldn’t even think to write a review for a picnic lunch. However, this was so good I had to write about it. They provided a huge sandwich that required two hands and a bit of luck to eat it all. The bread was fresh and delicious. There was also a bottle of fruit juice, an apple, a yummy homemade dessert (a good size cookie), and a small chocolate bar. Although it sounds fairly standard, I can’t tell you how excellent the quality of everything was, not to mention the generous portions. We weren’t even hungry for dinner that night! Unfortunately, we did not have a chance to eat inside the café because we left town early the next day, but if we were ever back in Te Anau, it would be the first restaurant I’d try.

Reviewed 4 June 2017

my experience of this cafe was not the greatest experience in the lovely sleepy lakeside town of Te-Anau...
I found the middle aged lady that served us found us an inconvenience to her day, on top of that the food wasn't something to write home about either.

in a town that survives of tourism and recommendations unfortunately i will not be passing on the good word about this Cafe

1  Thank andrewcaithness91