“Family Tradition”

Annie's Old Fashioned Ice Cream Parlour
Ranked #2 of 3 Dessert in Bathurst
Reviewed 10 July 2018

Annie's been in Bathurst for ever. My wife grew up going to Annie's for special occasions and now my daughter does to 35 years later. Greta local made ice cream in a 60's style milk bar. Not cheap but good quality.

1  Thank markhetherington7

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

The first thing that you notice is the sugar. The smell of sugar hits you in the face and it’s almost an instant sugar high. Then you notice the 50 odd containers of sugar lollies piled high on the counter. If you can fight your way through that you might be able to find the small ice cream selection.
I had the cookie and cream. It was the weirdest consistently, almost like raw dough. I just couldn’t scoop it as it would slop everywhere. And it was almost like I had to chew it. I have no idea what went wrong but I really didn’t enjoy it.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We couldn't decide what to have, so we had it all! The Mount Panorama has 12 flavors and cream, nuts and sauce. We gave it a damn good try!

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Local friends laughed and told me their Sofala Gold ice-cream is legendary. It is great, chunks of honeycomb in a caramel ice-cream.

Reviewed 10 March 2018

First visited Annie's over 30 years ago. It looks the same, smells the same and tastes the same. It's lasted because the ice cream is DELICIOUS and good value. I stop in every time I'm in the vicinity....helped get my children's driving hours up with a couple of trips out to Annie's! Cannot go past the Sofala Gold...as good today as it was 30 years ago. Thank you Annie's for your continued tradition. It's pretty rare to find a place that has survived modernity, well done!