“Delicious thai food with friendly service”

Kinn Thai Restaurant
Ranked #36 of 590 Restaurants in Newcastle
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Had read great reviews about this place, so called during the day to book a table for dinner for two adults and a baby. They immediately asked if I needed a high chair and if I'd be bringing a pram. I said yes! When we arrived, we were promptly seated at a table where we could have the pram at the table yet not be in anyone's way. I found this extremely impressive!

We ordered the duck pancake for entree, and the massaman lamb shank and a green curry chicken for mains. OMG...the food was absolutely divine!!! I would highly recommend the lamb shank (pictured)!!!

The service was fantastic with the wait staff very attentive. We paid our bill and left extremely happy customers!

I would highly recommend this place!

Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

Just had dinner here with a friend and it was some of the yummiest Thai food I've eaten. We had chicken pad Thai which was good but the crispy pork belly with the chilli lime jam was awesome!! The service was friendly and quick & best of all it was cheap. Will return for sure.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

A great Thai restaurant in Newcastle area, I have become their regular customer after my first visit and having Lamb shank with rice. Many great dishes I have had so far in Kinn and found them really delicious.
I should also mention about their friendly staff who provide really good service.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

We've been here 3 times now as the location is perfect. The service is fast....I mean, you're still licking your fingers clean from your entree and then all of a sudden a flurry of waiters descend on your table to serve your mains whilst you, the diner, has to hold your entree plates in the air so that they can fit your mains on the table. Not once has anyone said, 'how is everything?' whilst we've been sitting at the table. When we go to pay, it the same - we're just told how much to pay with no eye contact or questions about how it all was. We'll, last week was okay guys, but last night we ordered this watery Penang curry that's was just, well, watery and a green curry that was equally watery with an odd flavour. Despite the great location we won't bother coming back. It's very much a 'fast food' mentality, not about hospitality at all.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

we ate here for a work lunch and had a great meal. Two of us required gluten free meals - there is a reasonable selection and when asked if a meal could be made GF the waitress was knowledgeable about the ingredients and informed us it would not be possible. We had the papaya salad with chicken maryland (GF), mussaman curry (GF) and lamb curry.