US$102
Sage Hotel Wollongong(Wollongong)(Great Value!)
US$98
  • Pool
Quality Suites Pioneer Sands(Wollongong)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$96
Adina Apartment Hotel Wollongong(Wollongong)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$112
  • Fitness centre
US$112
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$127/night.

Belmore All Suite Hotel(Wollongong)(Great Value!)
US$92
Best Western City Sands(Wollongong)(Great Value!)
US$105
Beach Park Motel(Wollongong)
US$109
City Beach Motel(Wollongong)
US$85
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 April 2017

Upon arriving at the hostel my friend was bitten on the leg immediately by a flea and there was a strong smell of dog being poorly disguised by some incense. I then spoke with the middle-aged female hostel owner who was argumentative with me and said I was being unreasonable. Then she accused me of calling her unreasonable. She must be inhaling too much incense... She said it was cash only which reeks of a tax evasion tactic and provided me with a handwritten cash receipt slip which is not worth the paper it is written on. I had paid online on HostelWorld a deposit on a room which was not available due to an admin error on their end. She stated that her business has no affiliation with HostelWorld which is the only reason I booked with them and the only reason I was there! No apology and when I questioned them on the price for the new room they were offering me she became rude, defensive, and wished to continue to argue with me. The whole place was filthy with mosquitos and fleas swarming the place. There was a wifi code posted for free wifie which didn't work... Just urgh....

Room Tip: DO not stay here
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Emily S
Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

We stayed at Keiraleigh for a month, even though we only intended to stay for two nights. When we stayed the weather was very decent and with the beach so close we couldn't complain. At the time of our stay there was a great set of fellow travellers staying at the hostel. Some pass through and some stay longer for their work. We made some great friends and memories here, and I know that if we ever come close to Wollongong again we will return!
The room we stayed in was very adequate and comfortable for the price. Lockers were in the room and it was cleaned regularly, sheets changed etc. The en suite was a fairly new unit and felt pretty luxurious! (A rare thing when you use backpacker hostels). I know the owners have plans to make all of the bathrooms at the hostel like the en suite we had.
The sheltered outdoor area is comfortable and very sociable, furnished with impressive Balinese furniture. Some of the backyard may seem a bit disheveled but it actually gave it a more homely feel, and as the owners said, Keiraleigh is a work in progress and there are plans for the outdoor area in the future.
We found Keiraleigh to be a very special place, and we will certainly return at the next opportunity, until then, thank you!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2017

What is the point if your review does not tell the truth. I stayed here 3 years ago and was not impressed. This time around I booked not knowing or remembering I stayed there before. As soon as I saw the horror film front I remembered. It was a dirty place then and it still is but worse. Fies abound. You can't blame the people staying there as in other hostels you meet the same people. nearly all hostels have strict rules with regard to cleanliness. Here it is a free for all and everything is sticky and dirty. However, on a positive note there renovations going on so one day it may be a good place to stay

Room Tip: get a renovated room
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 January 2017

This is the worst hostel I have stayed at. The room was okay and the mattress was fine, but the people that stayed there (some of them had been living there for months) liked to party loud until 3 am, so if you do not bring earplugs it is close to impossible to sleep.
They guy who checked us in was so weird and was intoxicated by either alcohol or drugs.
The kitchen gear is crap and there is a lot of flies. The place was under construction so there was only two showers.

But the worst thing was the poo we found on the carpet.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for one night travelling back to Sydney. Booked into a twin room. First impressions not great, leaking roof and building work going on but seemed suitable for one night to rest. The first issue is the state of the kitchen, there are a lot of long term residents I think and that contributes to the disgusting state of the kitchen. Mess and flies everywhere. Second issue was the noise levels, they have a covered outdoor seating area and during our stay some of the guests were really loud during the evening and were smoking drugs. This noise continued until around 3.30am when I finally got to sleep. When I spoke to the manager/owner in the morning and complained about the noise levels I was told that they have a more relaxed style of hostel and that it is Bohemian. I was unaware that this means that quick overnight guests have to suffer over long term residents. The owners of this place need to look at the bigger picture and invest some time and money into making this building into what could be a good place. But currently I would say steer clear and avoid at all costs.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends