“Good views, ok food, packed with people on a Sat morning”
Review of Diggies

Diggies
Ranked #27 of 447 Restaurants in Wollongong
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 9 September 2017

We got there just in time before people had to wait for tables (about 8.30am on a Saturday). Service was slow and we felt food wasn't being delivered in the sequence in which it was ordered. It was great to be on the edge of the beach and watch the water... but we needed to be somewhere else and the slow delivery of the food took the edge off the experience. Breakfasts were fine but nothing special.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Drove from Burrill Lake to have breakfast with my daughters, ordered then watched everyone else around us get their meals, including people who arrived after we had ordered - waitress had to be told we were still waiting - surely she could see she was bringing out food to those who had ordered after us. When confronted I was told the food would be out in a minute, 13 minutes later and nearly 45 minutes after ordering it finally came. It would have been nicer and more honest to just tell me we had been forgotten it happens, I understand that, appeasing me with another coffee on the house might have been a nice touch too, mine was finished 35 minutes before I got my meal. Good was really awesome though, pick up your skills in observation and honesty and you will be a much better place to visit

1  Thank Rozzie R
Reviewed 26 August 2017

We intended to go to the Pavilion up the road but it wasn't open for breakfast, so walked down to give Diggies a try. The location is great but the general appearance of the venue is a little tired/rustic and bordering a little cramp. The beachside location is fairly harsh on structures/decor.
The service from the young girls was friendly and prompt and in keeping with expectations. The breakfast menu is quite reasonable and most people should be able to find something to their liking. As indicated in some of the other TA reviews its not a cheap eats sort of place but neither is it exorbitant.
Lucky for us the food quality was well worth the admission price and I'd have to say it was one of the best breakfast offerings I've had in a very longtime - and easily up to experiences in many overseas destinations. The Le French Toast was excellent and made you feel you were almost eating healthily with lots of fruits, just terrific, the porridge was equally well received - nice coffee and pot of tea and couldn't really fault it.
I would be happy to return to try some of the other selections and didn't even look at the lunch menu offerings.
Could be better presented/sproused up but overall no complaints.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Dissapointing experience everytime. Expensive for below average meals. Breakfast isnt great. Ok coffee

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

My friend and I decided to have a shared tasting platter...which was very nice but quite expensive.
Service was friendly but slow to get our platter.
Beautiful scenery all around.