We travel often to Wollongong and stay in a variety of accommodation.
Reception staff who welcomed us to our four night stay at Novotel Northbeach were pleasant and helpful - a good start.
We required parking - entrance/exit to carpark was difficult to navigate - small squared turning spaces with lots of roped and taped edges and low ceilings showing evidence of many vehicle collisions. Understand that Novotel can't change bad design.
We had problems with our keycard room access - two re-scans. Also problems with parking card access - re-scanned once, holding up access for cars behind us. Staff always pleasant and helpful.
The hotel foyer was clean, wide and easy to navigate and our city view room was spacious, very clean and had a small sea view. A great bonus - the window opened!
Bathroom was spacious, newly renovated and very clean, but only one towel rail, no hooks to enable hanging of toiletry bags. Shower over high sided plastic bath - quite difficult to get out of. Probably impossible for short stature/ less mobile people.
The lobby bar was large and pleasant but bar does not have beer on tap and the one time we tried it there was only one barman serving drinks and preparing food, resulting in a large queue - we waited ten minutes and left.
Dining in on two nights we ordered from the special healthy menu. Food was beautifully presented, well cooked and tasted wonderful.
Thank you Novotel for very clean, comfortable accommodation, great food and well trained staff. Just short on the details.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just one and a half hours south of Sydney in the beautiful Illawarra, Novotel Wollongong Northbeach is one of New South Wales’s most popular getaway and business venues. Situated opposite North Wollongong beach, the 4 1/2 star hotel boasts 204 accommodation rooms and spa suites featuring stunning ocean and mountain views. The hotel caters for both the leisure and business traveller, offering a range of facilities and services including a swimming pool, spa, sauna, fitness centre, day spa, restaurant and two bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, ACCOR, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Wollongong Northbeach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Wollongong Northbeach Hotel Wollongong
- Accor Wollongong Northbeach
- Wollongong Novotel