“Something different”
Review of Bull & Bear

Bull & Bear
Ranked #30 of 469 Restaurants in Wollongong
Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

I went here for lunch with family and the meal was quite good. It was something different as I normally don’t frequent Spanish themed restaurants. The staff were courteous and helpful. I would definitely recommend for lunch.

Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

I am pissed off to the MAX!!! This is a -5 Rating.
I had rang to book a table for 10, stated there might be less, I was told that I had to leave a $100 deposit. I had double checked that if someone didn’t show I was still going to get my $100 worth taken off my bill. I was assured that it will! So I told them I would ring next week to pay the deposit! As I get paid monthly.
So I rang later that week. Asked again about the $100 deposit. Was assured it would come off the bill! (AGAIN) so I paid. (Even tho I thought it was strange that a cafe/restaurant/bar would take a deposit.)
Got to the night of our event.
4 people couldn’t make it, at late notice.
I went to go pay for our meal. $255 later!
To the manager telling me I was only given $60 of my deposit back so our new total bill was $195. As you could tell I was very pissed off. To sum up my argument with the manager they had to pay for extra waiters to have a party of 10 but there was only two waiters all night. It all comes down to there wage. Then lied that another party of 10 didn’t show & they lost there $100 deposit too. The place was packed mate. If you think another group of 10 would fit good for you!! Would think you would have more staff on the two.
I don’t care about your wages it’s part of doing business. As a costumer I expect what I pay for. Especially if I’ve asked TWICE!!!
As I then continued to just pay for dinner as I didn’t know what else to do. (What else do you do in them situation?)
I was short $10 I then asked if they could just take it from the $40 they owe me.
He continued with NO.
So I had to use the last $10 in my account till pay day.
I want to be contacted about this.
I want my $40 that belongs to me back.
I will never return to bull & bear Wollongong.
How can you just take someone’s hard earned money.
I asked TWICE!!! It’s not like I didn’t even ask about it.

12  Thank Jenae J
Reviewed 10 December 2017

Our group of 5 had the $35 banquet and it was great. A good selection that included chicken, calamari and chorizo. If this is your first time eating tapas its a great way to sample many of the classic dishes without guesswork. The serving sizes were very generous and beat us in the end. This place is very popular and so has 2 sittings. We were at the early one and would have loved to stay longer. So we had to go down the road for our churros and coffee. But we will def be back.

Reviewed 28 November 2017

We had an early booking, and the place was starting to get busy, however the staff were pleasant & prompt. The food was good looking to the eye and tasty to the mouth, the staff advised of number of meals for our group and were spot on! The servings were a little larger than we were expecting which was a nice surprise. Good vibe!

Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

Lovely extensive breakfast menu. Beautiful food, coffees etc and just terrific friendly patient accomodating service....we had a picky 4 yr old with us....:-) Thankyou...we will be back