“If you have peanut allergy or any type of clean ocd best go elsewhere”

Lone Star Rib House
Ranked #84 of 180 Restaurants in Bundaberg
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Group of us went for an early dinner. Service and food was okay. The staff were friendly and service was pretty quick. The burgers we ordered were not amazing especially given the fancy names.

Two small criticisms

1) The whole peanut thing is pretty disgusting and an accident waiting to happen.

2) The entrance to the kitchen is huge and very open. Not a great view whilst enjoying your meal.

Just due to the peanut thing I would not return unless others wanted to go. I certainly wouldn’t take kids. Don’t think encouraging throwing waste on the floor is a good example. Even if part of a theme.

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Booked this restaurant back in March this year for 9th June, told staff member at time of booking that it was for a birthday.
Arrived for dinner booking and was told that our table was not ready, we were 2 minuets early, sat in a area for a large 16th birthday party that was in the outside area, waited and waited and waited for someone to come and take our order and ask about drinks, had to go to the bar ourselves, asked another waiter passing by could we order? Waiter came, ordered and moved inside due to noise and cold, after we asked to move tables, when asked for dessert menu wait staff said she would be right back with the menus, we waited and waited and waited, we then asked another staff member for the menus.
At time of payment my wife explained that it was our sons birthday and no one came, your staff member at the reception desk said “did you tell your waiter “? My wife explained that she was not advised at time of booking that she needed to do this, nor were we told when entering the restaurant this evening, your staff member then told my wife “we’re not mind readers” then pulled out the booking book to check the booking! I’m not impressed on how my wife was spoken to by your staff member,
Your staff need retraining in hospitality!
I work in hotels and I know correct customer service, my son is studying hospitality at tafe, this is a great lesson on how not to treat customers!
Your peanut shells are a health and safety risk!
Clean them up before someone hurts themselves and sues your company!
It’s very dirty having peanuts shells littering the whole of your restaurant floor.
Will not return nor will I recommend this restaurant to anyone, not a great way to end our stay in Bundaberg.

1  Thank viccam9800
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

Had a late lunch early dinner and we were very happy, I had the JR Ewing burger and I throughly enjoyed it the burger patty was one of the best I’ve had and the ranch dressing was fantastic
Hubby had the ribs and he was quiet for 1/2 hour as he was enjoying his Ribs, the coleslaw was so nice and the marinate on the ribs was just divine the guy who served us was so nice so it was just a great visit cheers will definitely be coming back

1  Thank didgey
Reviewed 28 May 2018

Headed to Lone Star for lunch; the wife I had ribs, she loves the ribs. I had a light meal as it was lunchtime, yet it was delicious. The staff were friendly, providing lots of information as it was our first visit to this restaurant. I would recommend, possibly go back for an evening meal next time.

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

About 20 people came out for my wife’s 40th surprise party. As soon as we arrived the place exploded with SURPRISE! The place was packed and I’m thinking, great, we are gonna be here all night to order....I was wrong! The staff did an amazing job taking everyone’s order, keeping drinks coming, getting it right for 20 people and bringing the delicious food out at the same time. There was a particular staff member that was outstanding in the delivery of service to us. I can’t recall her name but she had bluish hair. Thank you Lone Star for the great night out for my wife and our friends!