“Great wee spot”
Review of Matilda Motel

Matilda Motel
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Bundaberg
Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

From initial contact, till in person, Fiona was great. The room is standard with all that you could want for your stay, the glass bottled milk and the fresh cold water in the fridge a welcomed touch of service. The location is great, close to town, food ( The Spotted Dog), is practically next door, and amenities, attractions etc. Not your 5 star Hilton but makes up in Service, convenience and price. Would def stay again.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Fiona T, Owner at Matilda Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2017

Thank you for your kind words. I do my best to make sure that all my customers have a pleasant stay and that every body feels welcome at 'my place'. And yes, the location is great, closest motel in Bundaberg to central business shops, restaurants and entertainment, including the Moncreiff Theatre where concerts are held regularly.

Reviewed 4 April 2017

I stayed here for two nights in March 2017, in the centre of town, and unexpectedly very nice. It is exceptionally clean, spacious, and close to Bundaberg Central. Well priced. Car parks are limited, however, it is with easy walking to Bundaberg central.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Fiona T, Owner at Matilda Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2017

Thank you Snooky for your feedback. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We do take pride in our cleanliness and I have great cleaning staff who do a terrific job.

Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

In abit of a rush to find accomodation, this looked quiet nice and easy for one night. But from the first phone calls book to arriving there, and leaving in the morning the receptionist was nothing but rude to myself and others I was there with. The rooms were relatively quiet but my bathroom was disgusting. And to top it off she charged me extra for a friend that came over with me and didn't stay the night. Won't be coming back again

Stayed: February 2017
Fiona T, Owner at Matilda Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2017

My rules here, as clearly displayed in the rooms, are no unpaid guests after 9:00 pm. This being in consideration of other guests. When I see guests who have not paid to stay leaving early in the morning, I do ask for payment and will charge "extra person rate".
Also, at NO TIME do I allow partying in my motel, once again in consideration of other guests.
As far as a "disgusting" bathroom you will need to elaborate. I have never been made aware that there was an issue with any bathroom, but if I had been informed I would have dealt with this straight away.

Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

Not sure why my review got taken down so I'll write it again . The lady was very rude and the bathroom drain pipes smelt. The bed was not comfy was like sleeping on a hard surface. And also lady demanded money for a mate that did not stay the night but was there till late . Very disappointing , please don't take the review down

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends

Firstly, I cannot take down any reviews as I don't have access to any other persons account.
As far as a "smelly drain pipe" I have never been made aware that there was an issue with this, but if I had been informed I would have dealt with this straight away.
As far as the bed being uncomfortable I actually have the complete opposite comments from 99% of people telling me that the beds are very comfortable.

Reviewed 17 February 2017

Perfect for a on overnight dash to Bundaberg for business. No frills, but made up for in friendliness of hosts. The location made the choice easy and the price was right. I wasn't expecting luxury, but it was clean and the milk for tea was fresh, not long-life - always a bonus.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Fiona T, Owner at Matilda Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2017

Hi Kerryanne,
Thank you for your feedback, it is always appreciated that our customers take the time to do so.
We pride ourselves on our cleanliness and comfort of our rooms. My fresh milk is always a hit.