“Yummmm”

Fish & Chip Takeaway
Ranked #34 of 98 Restaurants in Mount Gambier
Cuisines: Fast food
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Good Friday dinner not much else open and yes they were busy but still less than 15min wait fot takeaway. Food was lovely and freshly cooked, I asked for grilled fish not shown on menu - not a problem for the staff - also just wanted a few chips so they sold me a very small serve for 50cents which was perfect.

Reviewed 10 January 2018

Ramp into premises and good seating with room for my wheelie walker to get around easily. A good selection of take away food, but yes l admit l am addicted to pumpkin cakes lol! Service was great, as we were eating in meal was bought to our table. A very friendly and relaxed atmosphere.

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

Have been a regular here for the past couple years but after my last experience I don't think I'll be going back. After asking countless times to have the fish slightly underdone when I order (as they always overcook and dry it out) yesterday was my final straw. Fish came out dark brown and dry and the chips were still white and tasted horrible.

Just a note to the cooks if they're reading this, it might actually pay to put the chips in the fryer a couple minutes before the fish instead of dropping it all in at the same time (which I'm sure they do) and then pulling it all out at once. Anyone who claims to be able to cook should know that thick cut chips will take longer in the fryer to be ready than a thin, small piece of fish.

One time the younger female cook with dark hair even claimed herself that it was "cooked perfectly" yet when I got in my car and opened it up I was deeply disappointed to find a dark brown and dry piece of fish, which has been all too much of a regular occurrence.

Burgers used to be pretty good, but at times have been made slap dash style and for that reason I boycotted ordering them a while back.

Unfortunately it seems because they're not eating what they cook they don't really care what they serve to their customers.

Very inconsistent cooking and it's got to the point where I think they've got enough business out of me over the last couple years. It's a shame as I do like their batter which is always crunchy even when the fish is "underdone" by the cooks standards. People don't want a burnt and dried out piece of fish, most people want to taste and feel the juiciness of it.

Service could be a lot better to, the older woman who serves there doesn't exactly have a warming personality nor the best people skills.

If this business could learn to take some constructive criticism on board; it would be so much better.

Overall I give it a 3, as not all my dining & takeaway experiences there over the last couple of years have been bad, but recently it's been far too frequent and I'd rather go else where; from now on.

1  Thank Pathfinder692030
Reviewed 11 April 2017

Good quality food, easy parking, clean and great service, I go here often best fish & chips I have found in the area

Reviewed 1 April 2017

We really hoped to get a great meal here and we bought a lot of food for the four of us but in honesty the chips were greasy with no crunch and the burgers were sloppy and did not appear to made by an establishment which, for all other visual cues, was expected to be a traditionally good, old fashioned fish and chippery.