The Lido Apartments
Mantra Charles Hotel(Launceston)(Great Value!)
US$104
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Launceston(Launceston)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$132
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Clarion Hotel City Park Grand(Launceston)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$101
Balmoral on York(Launceston)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$78
Country Club Tasmania(Launceston)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$118
Quality Hotel Colonial Launceston(Launceston)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$87
Agoda.com
Batman Fawkner Inn(Launceston)
US$51
Travelocity
The Old Bakery Inn(Launceston)(Great Value!)
US$94
Hotwire.com
US$98
US$94
Priceline
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Stayed Sunday night, arrived early afternoon, reception unattended, did not spot one staff member during entire stay. Apartment very roomy but quite tired, paint chipped and peeling everywhere, hole in wall where picture was hanging, picture sitting on floor, bed lamp broken with exposed wires (very hazardous), cob webs in bedroom, linen good, quite clean appearance otherwise, plenty of heating and nice and warm with heatpump on arrival thanks, great kitchen, however main bedroom had a loud banging noise occuring repeatedly every few moments throughout the entire night similiar to a gunshot, this added to the constant traffic noise caused not much sleep to be had and no-one available to tell about it on checking out. Very pricey for not much "luxury" sorry, it's not all bad but disappointing none the less.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Ralphie012StHelens
Reviewed 26 September 2013

My family of four stayed at The Lido recently and we stayed in a 3 bedroom apartment rear facing. I chose the Lido because it met my needs - room to move - free wifi - looked clean - well located - self contained. I found the apartment was quite warm and homely and clean. If anything I would like to see a few foxtel channels offered and I would like to see the shower in the ensuite given an overhaul. I wasted 10 mins in the cold trying to have a warm shower and didn't succeed nor did my husband. The water pressure in there was useless and the temperature was inconsistent, however, luckily for us there was another shower option in the kids ensuite so we moved in there and finally had a decent shower. I would also like to see a freshen up of the place - new carpet in the foyer areas - it smells a little old and I wasn't sure if I could get past that but did and was glad I did. I would stay there again as it met most of my needs. My favorite thing was the electric blankets on the bed! Minor detail but I love a warm bed to get into on a cold evening.

Room Tip: Enjoyed the 3 bedroom apartment as it was at the rear and so quieter than the front apartments.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JacquiEmma
Reviewed 16 September 2013

This is an amazing discovery. We love this place so much.

We were here for 4 nights and didn't want to go to restaurants for every meal so I chose these apartments.

Well, we will never stay anywhere else but here when in Launceston.

Exactly the same as a hotel BUT

3 separate bedrooms: 2 queen and 1 single. Really comfy beds.

2 bathrooms, one with huge spa bath for 2 people.

Lovely lounge room and full size dining table and 6 chairs.

Tiny sweet balcony with chairs looking out onto the hills around launceston.

It's own free car park.

Free fast wifi.

Fully equipped kitchen, stove, plates, etc.. 2 nights we ate out and 2 nights we cooked here - the supermarket is walking distance.

I SMS-ed Kellie twice with questions about the town and got helpful replies straight away.

It's is not a modern bland place - it's Art Deco and so full of quality character.

Towels, hair dryer, shampoo, dressing gowns, welcome pack - all here.

Even though it is self contained, the beds are freshly made each day and toiletries refreshed. And rubbish emptied.

All I can say again is Wow!

Room Tip: We stayed in unit 2 - sleeps 5
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pigmango
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Such a nice discovery, I travel commercially ,often, this place ticks all boxes, I had a 1 bedroom apt fantastic, lounge,kitchen(well appointed) sep bedroom, immaculate linen,most of all space,decor made me feel at home most important for me as I spend so much time away, and also for a self catering, a stocked mini bar fridge etc if you wish to use including a quick brekky pack, price VALUE I will absolutely stay again, very central as well with fabulous park and close to pubs and quality eating places,glad i found it!!!

Room Tip: Take your pick all are well appointed
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I stayed here while my husband was around the corner in St. Luke's Calvery Hospital (Lido is very conveniently located, a 4 minute walk to the hospital, so I didn't need to spend extra on taxis). The 1 bedroom accommodation I had was fantastic, very spacious and airy, complete with full kitchen, lounge, sunroom and full bath. There was also a plentiful (for fee) mini-bar as well as a well-stocked variety of free tea/coffee/hot chocolate options.
Everything was spotless, and the place was filled with every modern appliance and mod-con you could want or need for your stay. I especially loved the plentiful fluffy towels and guest robes available.
In addition to all that, the host/owner (Kellie) was delightful, helpful, accommodating in assisting me to find my way around the town. Oh, and the suite I had was beautifully and tastefully decorated with many Art Deco items.
Highest marks for this place.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo