“Overnight stay....nothing spectacular.”
Review of Glynlea Motel

Glynlea Motel
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Horsham
Reviewed 14 April 2015

I have never stayed here before in any of my trips around the country, as I find for a small town the prices of motels are quite high compared to other small towns. Just to sleep a night I really do not need anything fancy. However, this place has everything you need from microwave, hairdryer, wine glasses to hair accessories, which some don't provide these days. This was the cheapest at $85 a night I found for a motel. The Hostess was quite nice and helpful. Loves a chat which is nice. Rooms decor is outdated and could do with a fresh lift. Clean and tidy otherwise.

Room Tip: try to avoid rooms facing the road, choose side rooms to avoid truck noise.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business

Reviewed 23 January 2015

Booked an overnight stay at short notice and based on price only. The office lady was very gossipy (telling me things about the previous guest that I didn't need to know) although she also filled me in on several places to go for dinner (even after I said we were right for dinner). Made a big deal of fresh milk, not UHT, in the rooms - but they also had International Roast coffee, yuk!

The rooms, amenities and mattresses were very tired. The sheets were very clean and the bed, whilst awful to sit on, was fine for sleep. We left the air-conditioner on all night which drowned out most of the noise from passing trucks.

The bathroom needs a good reno- it appeared to have original 70s tiles, wallpaper and fittings (except the basin had been replaced some time this century, by the looks). Free toiletries were provided but were of poor quality. Towels were old but clean.

The room was short on power points (we had two people with phones, tablets and cameras to recharge but there was only one double powerpoint accessible near the bed) and the tv couldn't be moved at all to face the beds. Channel nine dropped out 35 minutes into a movie and never came back. There are a selection of free DVDs at the office for borrowing and I guess this is why, but the office was closed by the time the TV died.

Overall, I'd only stay here again as a last, or nearly last resort and only for overnight.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Mrs_Mc_AU
Reviewed 6 January 2015

Stayed here for two nights for a wedding. The motel itself is quite old, but the staff and amenities were excellent. Our family room was cleaned with sheets and towels replenished while we were out. The beds were comfortable and the whole area in general was very clean. The pool was older but clean and adults and children alike had a blast. The box unit air conditioner was a welcome relief as it did not skip a beat in the 45 degree heat. If you're looking for somewhere clean and comfortable to stay in Horsham without paying a fortune, then this is the place.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 January 2015 via mobile

I stopped here overnight on the way from Adelaide to Melbourne. Very welcoming staff with good advice about places to eat in town. I asked for a quiet room and the proprietor put me at the back. Didn't hear a thing. The room was spacious and comfortable with a good bed, sofa and table. Facilities were fine. Price was better than most in town. I will plan to stay here again for future trips.

Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 November 2014

We found this a very conveniently located overnight stop on our trip to the Grampians. The room was clean, spacious and equipped for self catering. The owner was helpful and friendly. We would select this stop again.

Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple