All reviews excellent value breads and spreads breakfast room middle of town sized room cupboard space weekend stay one night plenty of hot water small kitchenette across the road great room room was spotless an extra night two nights cooked breakfast within walking distance
Reviewed 21 November 2017

From the friendly check in to the quiet comfy room the stay at the Esplanade Motel was perfect. The room was tastefully decorated with a good bed, two lounge chairs, table and chairs both in the room and on the verandah and a recently refurbished bathroom with plenty of hot water.

Room Tip: As the main highway now passes Lakes Entrance there is little heavy traffic noise. If concerned pick a room dow the back of the property.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

The accomodation was exactly what we needed. The hotel has two pools one is indoor and heated and the other is outdoor. The apartment had a proper kitchen we could’ve cooked all of our food if we’d wanted to. There was a playground, Foxtel with the Disney movie channel, it made travelling with two children under 4 so much easier. It’s about a 15 minute stroll into the centre of town. Everything in the room was clean and worked well and the view was lovely.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

Exceptionally clean room, easy to deal with as we were arriving late. Would definitely recommend for overnight or a few days as the room is very comfortable with just the right amenities & space for a couple

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

Booked the day b4 for a twin and single room. Arrived and parked motorcycles in front of reception. Noone there so stood at edge of driveway waiting for third rider. Was speaking with mate and a.lady began yelling at us to move the bikes which were in front of reception. She said she had been tooting us to.move the bikes? Antisocial at the least, red faced and very angry? We moved the bikes as a male appeared from.inside the property. He also made comments with arms crossed. We thought no more of it as we were awaiting the missing rider.
We then entered the reception area and guess who.was the receptionist..were told in no.uncertain terms that our type wasnt welcome and to leave. Our type, men in their 50s and 60s, motorcy lists, bearded, current and retired police officers and soldiers?
Never seen this type of behaviour previously and I have travelled on bikes in the US, UK NZ and Asia, bali and Vietnam.
Wished us sarcastically good luck in finding accommodation.
We did 2.minutes later at a property I.had stayed at previously on a charity ride.
AVOID...Very aggressive manager.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank Adrian B
andrawatha, Owner at The Esplanade Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

This Review is totally untrue. I am a 62 year old Grandmother I simply asked 2 Men both over 6 feet tall and of a very heavy Build and bearded to move their Motor Bikes as they were parked in a private car space Clearly Marked Their reaction was one I have never experienced before Very demeaning came up, and stood over me ,and said, what are you going to do about it, And said they would move when they were ready ,with this I quickly parked my car and went into Reception where I was starting work When they notice I was in the reception The abuse started again I drew their attention to the cctv video surveillance cameras. I was about to call the police .And Thank goodness they left I found their attitude and bad language (Swearing) very confronting . I could not work for the rest of the day

Reviewed 31 October 2017

Friendly, very clean, quiet and totally up to date. Plus the price is right. Love it!
Motel is right in town and across the road from the fishing fleet and an excellent sea food restaurant. Highly recommend. The proprietor was happy to show us a room even though it was raining at the time. Best!

Room Tip: All rooms excellent although rooms at the back have slightly bigger bathrooms
Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple