“Fabulous meal”

Price range: US$10 - US$37
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine, View
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Central Hotel, located on the waterfront of Victoria's Gippsland Lakes, is in the center of town. Enjoy a meal in our bistro which specialises in fresh local seafood and local produce. A regular feature for lunch is the 'Parma & Pot' for only $17.50 in the bar is always popular. We serve local gummy shark with a crispy beer batter and crunchy chips for lunch & dinner so if its great fish n chips your after you are in the right place! During the colder months, relax with a glass of red wine by the original open fireplace. In summer enjoy the view from our alfresco outdoor area and if your lucky catch a glimpse of our ever popular dolphins passing by!
Reviewed 3 December 2017

After making a booking at about 4 30 we went for dinner on a Saturday night and were shown to table at the window which as great. I ordered oysters kilpatrick and I must say, the oysters were ridiculously small and I was a little miffed. My husband who is a vegetarian ordered ordered the cauliflower pie that we had read about, and from where I sat his meal looked beautiful. He reported it was the best he had ever had and trust me, he is a cauliflower pie aficionado. I had the pork belly that I'd read about in a review here and it was deligtful. The meals all came so quickly, frankly, we were very pleasantly surprised. We even went for desert. One was like a mashed up pavlova, yummy and the other was the apple rhubarb crumble. Sorry but the rhubarb one was terrible, I sent it back as it had a really odd taste. Otherwise this review would have been a 5. The place became very busy and my husband was thrilled to spot a couple of his favorite AFL players dining with friends and families. Just remember this is a pub not a cosy little restaurant. My husband who is a working chef said he would have been proud to be putting meals out like this in Traralgon. Definelty give this place a go.

1  Thank LORI W

Reviewed 25 November 2017

Fast service fast food delivery. Great prices and a wide choice of food. Great views to be had here.

AlisonB975, Owner at Central Hotel Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2017

Thank you! We hope you get the chance to return one day soon. Cheers!

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Caught up with friends for dinner, menu had many great options and meals were great and well priced.

Great feedback, thank you!

Reviewed 9 November 2017

We had dinner at Central. The food was beautiful - like something you would get in a nice restaurant. It was a cold day and we sat by the fire looking out over the lake. could not ask for better location or food.

Lovely, it is very nice near the fire on a cold night! Glad you enjoyed it. Cheers

Reviewed 4 November 2017

There food is great and the service is very good , they also have a $12 menus for seniors at lunch time which is very great value

AlisonB975, Owner at Central Hotel Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2017

Thank you for your kind review, our seniors lunch meals are a popular choice, its great to hear you enjoyed them. Cheers