“Very poor service”

Ranked #70 of 127 Restaurants in Bunbury
Price range: US$12 - US$27
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Welcome to UNWIND Atrium Restaurant + Bar, centrally nestled on the ground floor of Bunbury's 4.5 star hotel, Best Western Plus Hotel Lord Forrest. Offering modern Mediterranean/Italian cuisine and gastro pub classics. Enjoy our daily lunch and dinner specials and new a la carte menu. Lunch from 11.30am - 2.30pm | Dinner from 5pm - 9pm. Perfect for any dining experience and occasion, offering fresh gourmet food + beverage to tantalise your tastebuds and dietary requirements. Early bird Dinner specials from 5pm - 6pm Great for family . Walk ins are welcomed and hotel guest enjoy a relaxing atrium tranquillity unlike no other when dining at UNWIND eat | drink | lounge. Perfect for large tables bookings without the noisy pub vibes. Bookings essential. If a cheeky cocktail or barista-made coffee is something more for you after a busy day, sit back + unwind in the lounge chairs at the bar, whilst enjoying great service, free wi-fi + of course some delicious bar snacks.
Reviewed 5 March 2021

Stopped for lunch on a whim on our way to another restaurant, thought we’d try something new.

Ordered from the menu not the lunch specials. Fish chips and salad for husband and I got the curry which was supposed to come with naan bread and condiments.

Food arrives, husbands meal is fine but curry is sans condiments and naan bread. Waiter said she’d bring them promptly. A good 10-15mins later I’m still waiting, meanwhile the curry has gone cold. In the interim this waiter has served two customers at the till and served drinks to another table. Reminded her and got a ‘yes! it’s coming’. After she emerged again from the kitchen area empty handed my patience ran out.

Off to the manager I dashed not at all happy. They were good enough to apologise and give a refund at least.

The quality of the food was OK but nothing special. The taste of curry I did have -it was a little bitter.
The place has a weird atmosphere too, sort of like a hospital cafe feel.

Not going back.

Date of visit: March 2021
Write a reviewReviews (42)

Reviewed 19 July 2020

In 48 years of frequenting restaurants i have never had a drink slammed down on my table until last night.

This was after rhey had taken 2p minutes to fail to deliver our drinks.

Young man Magic. Elderly lady nice.
The other Hm lady needa a attitude afjustment real quick before your 3.5 out of 5 becomes 0.

Wake up Unwind and remove her.

You have lost our services and im sure many mote that seen her pwrformance last nighr.

Never Again!!!

Date of visit: July 2020
Lord Forrest, Owner at Unwind on Symmons, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2020

hi i am writing in response to your review of my restaurant and bar, i apologies for your bad experience and theres nothing i can do over message to express how much i do care about my customer satisfaction, but i will say that my team of current staff have been made aware of this incident and reminded that we are providing a service.

hopes that if you ever visit again you will be very pleased with our customer service. thanks for your review i have taken it onboard and acted accordingly :)

Reviewed 22 October 2019

The food was acceptable (mostly) but evening spoilt by having to argue at the Cash Register over the price of the meal. Major difference between the printed menu and the till price (on some items) and this was not handled well. Service was poor at the table and my friend didn't receive her wine after ordering it twice. Clueless and unprofessional.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed 23 December 2018

Definately one of best resturants in Bunbury. Went for our First Wedding Anniversary dinner. Wait staff were friendly attentive and knowledgeable about the menu and wine.

Both our mains were of sustantial size and beautifully presented. Not being much of a dessert eater I asked if we could have a cheese platter which wasn't on the menu. It arrived beautiful presented and a perfect amount for 2 persons.

The restaurant has a beautiful ambiance, relaxed and unpretentious. Perfectly named as Unwind.

Don't let its middle of the table placing on trip advisor put you off because this is certainly not a middle of the road Bunbury restaurant, I put it top and will certainly be back for dinner but keen to try their $16 lunch menu.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed 9 July 2018

Our entree, garlic bread, was enjoyable with an excellent bottle of Harvey Cabernet Sauvignon (Thompson’s Block, Moojelup, $40.00). ‘Delightful bouquet and nose’, I jotted on my table napkin.

Our mains, Risotto Pumpkin & Mushroom Asparagus Spears and a Seafood Basket (Whiting, prawns, squid, coleslaw, tartare sauce and chips) were delicious. If ordering the S/F basket as an entree, it would easily serve two.

Attentive service, as usual.

Date of visit: April 2018