“A great local B&B when attending the Leeuwin Concert”

Llewellin's Guest House
Ranked #1 of 20 Margaret River B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 February 2011

We have just had another wonderful weekend at Llewellyn’s Guest House. On our arrival we were warmly greeted by James and Joanna, who always make us feel so welcome. The rooms are beautifully appointed with personal touches including a bottle of local Margaret River wine, mineral water, beautiful glasses, scented candles, chocolates, and luxurious toiletries.

Each morning, following a great night’s sleep, we enjoyed a gourmet breakfast prepared by James. Later in the day James packed us up in the car with a gourmet picnic hamper, chairs and picnic blanket and drove us to and from the annual Leeuwin Concert. Our picnic hamper was both delicious and very generous. We couldn’t get through all the beautiful food.

We have now stayed at Llewellyn’s Guest House several times and each time we enjoy our hosts hospitality and friendship more and more, in this beautiful bushland setting. James and Joanna run their guest house with consummate ease, natural and welcoming hosts that always make us feel very special. It is always very hard to tear ourselves away to return home.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 February 2011

The hosts are fantastic and are welcoming the very moment you arrive.
Nothing is too much trouble. After my boyfriend proposed to me at Llewellins, they provided us with a bottle of bubbles to celebrate.
The food is fantastic and we want the cook to come home with us!!!
We are going to spend our honeymoon back down there as it is such a nice and relaxing enviroment.
Would recommend Llewellins is any one wanting a beautiful place to stay with breakfasts to die for.
Looking forward to going back in a few months.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2011

After a fantastic stay with James and Joanna last year, we hoped that we would be able to make a return visit one day. Well, we managed to hang on 11 months before going back, and nothing has changed ! The rooms are still kept looking brand new and sparkly clean by Joanna, and James is still as passionate about his fabulous breakfasts - he cooks a special each morning - as well as the regular menu
. I can add nothing more to the review I gave last year,it was perfect then, and still is.
We could never thank J&J enough for the care and attention they gave us, we left them 2 days ago and are now in Albany, how I wish we were still there !!!

Last year I said everyone deserved a visit to Llewellins, if you took my advice and went, then you know what I was talking about. If not, what's keeping you ???

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2011

We were looking forward to staying at Llewellin's but due to commitments arising back home in Brisbane we were unable to go to Margaret River after a time in Perth. I gave 10 days notice of our cancellation and was referred to the booking confirmation that provided that if less than 14 days notice is given, one night would be payable. When I asked whether consideration could be given to waiving this charge I was surprised with the tone of the response stating that I would have known for some time that we were not going to Margaret River. And that was simply not true. I was upset by the email and did receive an apology. I travel regularly in Australia and overseas in deluxe hotels and lodges and have never struck such a long lead time for a cancellation. Ok, I should have read the fine print but I think that proprietors should be more reasonable.

Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ullaz
unclechopchop, Owner at Llewellin's Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We use the standard 14 day cancellation period along with most of the B&B's here in Margaret River. This information is clearly written on the Booking Form page of our website which our guests duly complete. We also advise our guests to be aware of our cancellation period again when we confirm their booking in writing, as we did with your booking. You failed to mention in your review that we offered you full reimbursement should we be successfull in re-letting the room at such short notice, to which we were not successful (being in a rural location and no passing trade), but in good faith we offered you a one night credit should you ever visit Margaret River in the future. We are not aware of any deluxe hotels or lodges that would offer this service of a future credit. We also advised that had it not been a Friday & Saturday night, we may have considered waiving the deposit. We have been operating for approximately two and a half years and have never receieved any difficulty with anybody understanding our cancellation policy. With kind regards. James & Joanna

Reviewed 13 February 2011

The other reviews say it all I think, this was without a doubt the best place we stayed during our holiday in WA. Our room and bathroom were amazing, our hosts so welcoming and interesting to chat to, the surroundings wonderful and relaxing. I could not believe it when a) I found a peppermint tea bag (my favourite) and b) it was replaced in the same order in the tea bag sequence the next day - this is the sort of thing that makes me very happy. We also enjoyed a fabulous cheese platter with our complimentary bottle of MR wine and as for breakfast - wow! Thank you Joanna and James, I hope we'll be back.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple