“Fresh, wholesome home-made food - very well cooked”
Review of The Whimsical Cat Cafe - CLOSED

The Whimsical Cat Cafe
Reviewed 29 November 2015

We had lunch in this cafe - a delicious home-made quiche and an 'all day' breakfast. The service was attentive and quick - they fitted in with all our picky requests to get coffee and tea just how we like it - and fitted in with changes to the usual 'all day' breakfast plate. The cafe is small, but smart and clean-looking - we sat outside in the sunshine which was very nice. I'd fully recommend it for lunch - or coffee/tea - the cakes looked delicious, although we didn't try one.

1  Thank Susan Y

Reviewed 18 October 2015 via mobile

We visited this cafe when we stopped in Thames on our way home from Coromandel back to Auckland. We were very happy with our food (all four of us had something different) and it was really good value for money. The owner was very friendly too. all in all, we were very pleased with our find; a great cafe with lovely food. I'm glad we didn't see these some of these reviews before going!

1  Thank lcj1031
Reviewed 13 September 2015

I went for lunch a few months ago with two friends. We had a lovely meal. I ordered a Roti with spicy pumpkin and it was very tasty. We also had good service. The café if quaint and nice and fresh looking, all in white. The owners have done a great job making this little café look trendy.

I recommended this café to another friend and we ended up having a totally different experience. The only vegetarian choice was creamy mushrooms on toast which I ordered. My friend ordered pancake with berries. Our food was delivered to our table with no cutlery which sometimes happens, however when I told the waitress she said that they still had to wash the cutlery so we had to wait. She seemed quite blasé about it.

My mushrooms were not creamy mushrooms as advertised on their board - I got mushrooms fried in butter! The berries on my friends pancakes were cold as if they had just come out of the fridge or freezer.

1  Thank Vegetarianfoodcritic
Reviewed 7 September 2015

Brough a scone today that was completely stale would have been baked on Friday. I have been here previously and the scones where fresh. If they want to keep their customers you can call if you want to talk about this review 0211581458.

Reviewed 31 August 2015

Decide, after paying, to go elsewhere when they didn't have two things they advertised.
The counter attendant then proceeded to get all sad sack, and grumpy...I mean, it wasn't our fault they can't deliver what they advertise?????