“Never again!”
Review of Asahi Japanese Restaurant - CLOSED

Asahi Japanese Restaurant
Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

I'd never go back here. Service is terrible. Food is average. Reason I'd never go again is the service... I ordered a sake as I'd never tried it before. The waiter spilt my sake upon delivering it. He grabs the nearest napkins, wipes it up, doesn't offer a replacement, doesn't even apologize, doesn't even replace the napkins and still charges full price. I also hated the fact I had to go to the counter to order... we had a table of 12 for a birthday dinner and I had to order drinks and meals at the counter. Food came out cold as well!!! Not impressed!!!

1  Thank Preston H

Reviewed 27 June 2016

A group of us went on Monday night for dinner. No other diners in the restaurant. One would have hoped that they could have coped,however we waited for ages and when the food arrived it was cold.

Reviewed 6 June 2016

Gorgeous Lunch Tempura Bento was absolutely Amaze so Yumm a delight and a definite Showcase meal. So enjoyable and we will be bac *

1  Thank GrandeBlu12
Reviewed 20 February 2016

We ate here as our local Japanese was closed. The food was terrible, it was a big over deep fried mess. Some of the portions were very generous however the food was almost inedible towards the end. The sashimi salmon had been hacked, and was extremely small. For a japanese meal we were left deflated and as if we had ordered cheap Chinese take out. I don't think I've ever eaten burnt deep fried food before..? Service was friendly.

Reviewed 2 January 2016 via mobile

Where do I start with this review...!! It was a disappointing evening.
We hadn't booked and when we walked up to the counter the waitress let out a very audible sigh when we asked for a table, the restaurant didn't appear to be overly busy however being a Saturday night and a public holiday the staff appear to have underestimated the amount of custom.
After about 20 mins the waitress took our order and we waited and waited and waited some more for our meal to arrive, we only ordered a main but it took over an hour to be served, which when it did turn up was fairly average, I'm know expect on Japanese cuisine but it just wasn't nice and was cold.
During our wait the waiting staff were turning customers away even though there was plenty of empty tables which to add hadn't been cleared after the last guests had left which is a pretty good indication that the staff couldn't keep up.
Would I go back... not a chance, even if it was free.

1  Thank Warren B