“The Hotel Being Busy is NOT an ACCEPTABLE EXCUSE for POOR SERVICE!”

Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Mangere
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 3 December 2017

Room was direct booked 3 months ahead and an Email request for a bath was acknowledged and confirmed all OK.

Upon check in Juanita re-confirmed the room we allocated had a bath...... IT DID NOT...... NOT ACCEPTABLE

I was offered an 'E-Upgrade' to a room with a Runway view. Again upon check in I was informed they were full and the upgrade was not 'a goer' - The why did the hotel ask me to pay for the upgrade on Check Out???? NOT ACCEPTABLE

At Breakfast an order for a 2nd coffee was taken, after 15 minutes the coffee still has not arrived and I had to walk up and re-request the coffee again. A 15 minute wait is NOT ACCEPTABLE

Wishing a Luggage Cart for the room on Check Out I called the Porter = No Answer I then called the Concierge = No Answer so I then called Reception = No Answer and finally I called the hotel special 555 number = No Answer.... I had to go down and started to bring the trolley up myself.... NOT ACCEPTABLE

Bathroom \ Bed and facilities were all good and as expected.

This hotel needs to get the basics right ( and 1st time ) if they have junior staff that are not properly trained then they need to manage them much much better.

The Novotel Auckland Airport is a High Class hotel, that charges maximum rates - Get you services and staff sorted out!!

Room Tip: All rooms are well sound proofed from outside noise
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Novotel A, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Auckland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Kia Ora Jon,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here and too for the direct communication that you made with me - I want to reaffirm the apology that I extended to you there and reassure you that the appropriate senior management have initiated the promised follow up and address.

Please know that we are seeking betterment from the experiences you've shared and I'm hopeful that we'll have the opportunity to welcome you back and to offer the top notch service we strive for.

Novotel Auckland Airport

Write a ReviewReviews (4,592)

Reviewed 2 December 2017

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Novotel A, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Auckland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2017

Reviewed 30 November 2017

Ideal location by the airport. The rooms are compact but nice. Checking in at midnight was a disaster! The staff seemed more interested in talking to the guests about their travel plans than checking them in. One woman in particular only checked in one guest while the others checked in 4 or 5 guests. There is a time and place to take an interest in the guest, when the queue for check ins is out that door at midnight, prompt checking in is a higher priority than finding out the guests family history! For the price you pay for the room I expect a lot more and I doubt if I will ever stay there again

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Kia Ora Philip,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience - it's wonderful to know that our location suited you perfectly and you found the room to fit the bill for your stopover.

I'm really sorry for the delay on check in - we certainly drive engagement from our team and encourage them to connect with our guests on a level that's more than just transactional. We appreciate that some guests may have a bit more story than others to share and we'll use your feedback as a timely opportunity to remind the team to steer these interactions appropriately in the circumstances. I do trust that you too received the warmth of welcome we attain to.

We'd love to see you again.

Reviewed 30 November 2017

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 27 November 2017

Literally across the road from International Terminal, this is a very well-placed hotel for an overnight stay. We stayed a night each way between Australia and Hawai'i and had comfortable stays both nights. Reasonably-priced buffet breakfast is worth grabbing, too. Only issue was the woman at reception who couldn't fathom we didn't have any shampoo in our room on the second stay - we never did get it! Service in the restaurant was average on the night we ate there and breakfast service was only marginally better. Definitely would stay again, though.

Room Tip: Higher rooms are nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Novotel A, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Auckland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Kia Ora Robert,

I'm thrilled that you loved our location and enjoyed two very comfortable stopovers.

I'm really sorry for the shortfall in room amenity and then the challenge in getting that sorted - I'm following this up appropriately, as I will also the disappointing service in the restaurant; if there's anything specifically that you could share with me for address in this regard I'd be grateful for your communication - my email address is h7485-gr@accor.com.