“Excellent meal”

Cuisines: International, New Zealand
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 July 2017

We visited the restaurant (which provides an al a carte menu as well as a more casual menu) as a friend was staying there. We would not have normally visited this kind of restaurant.
I am very glad we did.Apart from a slowish start to the service, of which the waitress who provided with bill acknowledged and apologised for, the rest of the meal and service was excellent.
The chicken liver pate was lovely and plenty of it with fresh homemade loaf, and the other two entrees were the cheese croquettes which were deemed to be tasty.
I had beef cheeks with gnocchi and spinach and it was extremely moist and melt in the mouth (better than the beef cheeks I recently had in an up market Ponsonby eatery!)The flavours were excellent and the portion a good size as well! The other meals were market fish and chips and another was a vegetarian option (unsure what it was) These were also pronounced to be very nice indeed.
So all in all, it was one of the best meals I have had this year and not in an overpriced and trendy restaurant in Ponsonby or the Viaduct

Reviewed 11 July 2017

I had one dinner and one breakfast at Te Maroro and chose to eat elsewhere for the rest of the week. I ordered the eye fillet steak which was well done even though I asked for medium; it was also dry and disappointing. For dessert I ordered the lemon syrup cake but got a slice of lemon cheesecake (which was not what was described on the menu). The following morning I chose a continental breakfast but could not stay in the restaurant very long as it stunk of burnt toast. I think the toaster was on the blink as everyone had burnt toast on their tables. I think I was out of there after only about 10 minutes as the smell was too strong.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

There are two parts to the resturant as such - a bar type area and a restaurant - both have different menus. We didnt realise this until we were in the restaurant as my partner wanted a meal of the bar menu.

We had an awesome waiter so we were able to get one dish of each which was great. Both meals were lovely.

Reviewed 19 May 2017

We took 2 full cooked and 2 continental breakfasts. The spread is pretty standard for most NZrestraunts. For a vegetarian , full cooked breakfast might not be good value for money(NZD 30 approx) as the only additional cooked options they will be able to eat is baked beans, hash brown mushrooms and toast. They would do better off with continental breakfast which as yogurt,milk,juices, cereals, fruit,danish pastries/muffins, tea /coffee. All items of continental are included in full cooked breakfast.

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

I had dinner with a colleague and we both ordered steak - absolutely divine. I don't eat a lot of red meat but this dish was my best steak ever - just so tender and tasty - yum!! Our dessert was also fabulous so we were very happy with our meal and our stay overall.

1  Thank JayP77