Paradiso Backpackers
Harbourside Lodge(Nelson)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$90
Delorenzos Studio Apartments(Nelson)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 30/05
US$66
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$73/night.

Saxton Lodge(Nelson)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 01/06
Book now, pay at stay
US$78
Century Park Motor Lodge(Nelson)(Great Value!)
US$89
The Sails Nelson(Nelson)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$105
Priceline
Bay Crest Motor Lodge(Nelson)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/05
US$60
Trailways Hotel Nelson(Nelson)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 31/05
US$78
Arcadia Motel(Nelson)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$76
Agoda.com
Palazzo Motor Lodge(Nelson)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$87
Agoda.com
Chelsea Park Motor Lodge(Nelson)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$76
Priceline
All reviewsfree soupfree breakfastswimming poolfresh noodleshot tubvolleyball courttable tennisfantastic hostelnice poolyoung travellershuge kitchenping pongown bathroomhostel offersoutdoor areaenjoy your stayfive weeks
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Found this hostel to be great fun. I have never been to a hostel with such excellent facilities. Clean blue swimming pool was very welcoming in the heat of Nelson! I found the staff to be very helpful and informative about local activities. For such a large place it was amazing how clean it was. There seems to be a big group of cleaners in the morning and a few spread out through the day. Very well organized which makes your stay just perfect. Cannot fault it, had a great time.

Room Tip: Get a ensuite dorm, out the back.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 March 2012

We were very disappointed in our stay. This hostel felt like we were staying in a facility which encouraged loud, obnoxious behavior, excessive alcohol consumption, and felt overall dirty & tacky. Staff just went along with it. After 9 PM the kitchen area became the social center, and the area was packed full of young loud drinkers consuming alcohol. The kitchen was filthy, with dirty dishes everywhere. Sometime after 10, because of lax security, a homeless man wandered in the door. Do yourself a favor and stay at Tasman Backpackers instead.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Was packed here. Which was a bit of a n issue as it rained for the 2 days we were there. Place was still cozy and fun to stay at, had lots of things to do.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I only stayed here for one night as I was passing through Nelson. Was quite impressed with this place. They have a swimming pool!! (And a clean one too!), which is definitely not something I was expecting in a hostel. When I arrived (I was a bit early), they let me leave my bag and said I could help myself to a free breakfast. When I checked in, they gave me a packet of noodles and 1hr30 of internet (Wifi) which is a nice touch. Also, at dinner time they have free soup and bread, so if you were really on a budget, you could eat here all day for free. Rooms were fine and bed was comfy. Overall, a nice place to stay! :)

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 January 2012

I stayed here twice with my partner in private rooms. The rooms were great value for money, big comfortable beds and pretty quiet. The outdoor area with pool and spa is amazing and just what we needed after 5 days hiking. You could jump from the spa into the cold pool which was just awesome. The only thing is, you can drink around the pool and in the kitchen which is awesome but people didn't seem to have much respect and you would wake in the morning to find empties lying around - not a big deal but guests should clean up or the hostel could employ someone for this. We are 26 and 29 and had a fantastic time meeting great people and getting amongst the drinkers. The only thing I would say is that we felt in a couple of years we may feel a bit old to be in this fun party hostel. Otherwise, highly recommend and would stay again on my next trip to Nelson.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple