US$35
Admirals Motor Inn(Nelson)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 01/08
US$55
Abelia Motor Lodge(Nelson)(Great Value!)
US$59
The Honest Lawyer Hotel(Nelson)(Great Value!)
US$65
US$59
  • Restaurant
Aloha Lodge(Nelson)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$54
US$52
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$68/night.

Amber Court Motel(Nelson)(Great Value!)
US$65
US$53
Almond House Backpackers(Nelson)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
  • Breakfast included
US$50
US$38
  • Beachfront
All reviewsrental car agencysmall airportnice outdoor areaone bedroom unitthree weekswould stay againmotelaccommodationphilearthquakeunitsproximityhostsnz
Reviewed 18 January 2015

My wife and I stayed at this motel for 3 nights recently as it was close to our son's house in Nelson. Unfortunately the service/welcome was very off hand on arrival, we were shown where to get our milk, our room number and away we went.
The room was upstairs (no problem to us) and was roomy for a studio. The bed proved very comfortable and we both had good nights sleeps.
On checking the compendium it said if you want a morning paper please organise with the office. Being a regular morning paper reader I asked for a paper at the office but alas the woman said they don't do papers anymore because the Press Company doesn't deliver to them anymore. She said because their orders were under 3 papers on occasions their order had been dropped so no paper. Either take it out of your compendium or get them back.
The next shock was the Wifi. You have to pay for it, a minimum of $8 per 20MB and upwards. I have never paid for Wifi and have stayed at a lot of motels/hotels. If you use excessive amounts sure you pay but not from the word go. I have owned/run an accommodation business for the last 6 years and have never charged for WIFI nor do any other motel in our town except for excess use. Time to get with it.

A comfortable bed, large unit but you need to tweak a few things.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
ManagerGreensMotel, Owner at Greens Motel Nelson, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2015

I'm sorry you felt my welcoming off hand, I love welcoming guest to Motel.The internet is only charged if people haven't booked over the internet.We keep this as an option because not everyone requires internet.Losing The press newspaper service was disappointing and beyond our control but will defiantly update our compendiums.Thank you for your advise.

Reviewed 11 January 2015

Modern, clean and quiet motel, with friendly reception staff. We booked a studio for 2 nights and were given a one bedroom unit, which was a much-appreciated bonus for us as we had arrived very tired after a long day travelling. Our unit was on the second floor, nicely fitted-out with a small balcony, good kitchen facilities and very comfortable bed. The complex is quiet - it is set back from the road so there is no road noise, and seems well sound-proofed between units. It is close to the airport and on the flight path in and out, but this did not disturb us (There are not that many flights and seemed not to be any from about 10pm to 7am). The only potential difficulty some might have is with the shower access - it's a shower over a spa bath and I think might prove tricky for children or elderly. The complex is best for those who have their own transport as it's not within walking distance of the beach or shops, but fine with a car - we were at the beach in a couple of minutes.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your lovely review of Motel and I'm pleased your needs are meet.Yes we do watch that we don't put older guest into these units as shower over bathes is always a hazard. I'm pleased you had enjoyed your stay in Nelson.

Reviewed 4 October 2014

I had reason to make a quick business trip to Nelson and settled on Greens Motel, mainly because of a good Booking.Com price, which also offered a late 2pm check-out for Booking.Com Genius registered users.
The motel is easy to find and will suit guests who fly into Nelson, because of its proximity to the airport.
The motel receptionist was helpful and friendly which is always a good start, and supplied fresh milk for tea or coffee, plus a paper.
I was allocated a unit with a disabled facility bathroom, but that was not a particular problem, although the single bed was fairly stiff and hard.

However it was the wifi services that were interestingly difficult. The motel obviously uses Xtra/Spark as its ISP and the motel wifi system as part of its authorisation demands that you change your computer settings so that emails were sent using the Xtra IP address...It all proved difficult, so it was back to using my phone as a hotspot.

The only other issue was that in the morning when I asked about the late check-out as offered by Booking.Com...I was informed that I should not have been offered that facility....strange business.
All of that aside, the motel is clean, tidy & fresh looking and handy to both the airport and main road access.

Room Tip: Avoid the single bed rooms if possible.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BruceWhitfield

Thank you for your review and advice all has been taken on board.Sorry we where not able to offer the late check out on this occasion as the room was needed due to being full and new guest checking in at 2pm.The internet seems to be a provider fault and not something we can control.

Reviewed 25 September 2014

It would have been nice if both rooms had a mirror. And if the kitchen had bit more bench space.
The bathroom was nice. And overall our stay was pleasant.
Staff was okay, though we have already paid and they insisted that we haven't and weren't very friendly. After I had to dig out my email, they realised that we did actually pay already...

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review and your tips we can use regarding mirror all these idea's help us provide better for the guest. Motel kitchen's are always smaller than home and making cooking fun.I'm sorry about mix up over payment we will watch for this in the future.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

well presented, clean and fresh welcoming when we walked through the door.
Shower amazing water pressure and plenty of room to move.
Very welcoming service, best Motel we stayed in, in South Island, recyclable bucket in cupboard for bottles and paper.
real close to Airport and car hire places.
10/10

Room Tip: Welcoming, fresh looking
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
ManagerGreensMotel, Owner at Greens Motel Nelson, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

What more can I say but Thank you for such a positive review it means a lot to all the Team at Greens Motel.