“Next to the airport”

Greens Motel Nelson
Ranked #33 of 41 Hotels in Nelson
Reviewed 8 January 2016 via mobile

Recently renovated, spacious rooms. Nice outdoor area with picnic table

Very close to airport with free transfer (730am onwards altho the manager was very nice and took us a few mins earlier).

The only negative is the wifi was weak.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 January 2016 via mobile

We travelled around South Island for two weeks and experienced a range of different New Zealand motels, most of them very nice, well managed and carefully maintained. Greens motel was among the highest priced, and we expected something in the top range, but were disappointed. The place has certainly seen better days. Particularly the bathroom was not very clean and also needs a full makeover. On New Year morning we were suddenly woken by a chambermaid who started to sevice our room, although we were to stay another night. To sum up: Ok, but not more than that. Not value for money.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 November 2015

Greens Motel is a nice Motel. Ive been there before with a car club and had been happy with the room. Previous it was just my husband and myself, this time was with our daughter and 8yr granddaughter and 1 year old Grandson (occasion was his First birthday) I love seeing planes take off an land so enjoyed the location. The Golf Club is right next door and you can go and have a drink there which we did. Nice friendly atmosphere.
You do need a car if you stay as shops are not that close.
I don,t like giving negative feed back but I was very disappointed with a couple of things that happened. (Although I can understand over sights ). We were only given 1 tea towel for 5 people and there is no dishwasher so around 3pm when the towels hadn't been replaced sent my granddaughter to ask for some replacements. The office lady apologised and said her husband was supposed to do it but he had gone to golf.That was OK but I thought they might have dropped in rubbish bags and toilet paper etc when he got back but they didn't. We had to go to the office to get some rubbish bags later in the afternoon and in the morning we had run out of toilet paper and had to go ask for that too. that wouldn't have annoyed me enough to really mention it BUT when I went to leave I checked under the beds to make sure nothing had rolled underneath and found under our bed and dirty pair of socks not belonging to us and a dirty nappy which wasn't ours. This one looked like it was for a small baby and a different brand to the ones I was using for my grandson. Then I was annoyed, makes you wonder what other shortcuts are taken in the cleaning process. I would have approached the staff directly but didnt have time as our flight was at 9.30am and I had only seen the items directly before I left. I would l have given a higher rating if this hadnt happened. I cleaned some of skirtings as they seemed to get missed. I am disappointed because I dont feel I want to go back again and I do like the location. Family live in Nelson so I will be there quite a bit. I am a travel agent who would be a little wary about sending people there. I really feel there is no excuse for not checking under beds. People could leave anything under there. My email address did indicate I was in the travel Industry,

Walking distance to Wow Museum, Awesome !
Also the Heritage Museum was great as well. Enjoyed the Lone Star Restaurant in Nelson. Saturday Markets worth going to.

Nelson is a very friendly place.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank SusanShane
ManagerGreensMotel, Owner at Greens Motel Nelson, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2016

I'm grateful for your honest review and I'm also disappointed in the standard we offered on this occasion.Staff have been advised and further training given.I was also disappointed in my husband for not following up with the room service.

Reviewed 12 September 2015

We got so good experience in this motel. Very helpful administration recommend us places to visit and where to go for the nice dinner. Also helped us to plan our trip down to Queenstown.Thank you for that:) The rooms are very cute and clean and the backyard was also very nicely green.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2015

The facility is next to a golf course. Nice room. Clean. Full kitchenette. The room was handi-capped accessible, so it was large. There was some free wi-fi, but the signal wasn't very strong. Not noisy. Good value.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mickyrouten
ManagerGreensMotel, Owner at Greens Motel Nelson, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2015

Thanks for your review I'm glad you enjoyed the location.The wifi is a Nelson wide problem and also we have limited service providers.We have made it Free for this reason and I fully understand the frustration.