“Not to bad, fun half hour”

Hawkes Bay Farmyard Zoo
Ranked #11 of 42 things to do in Hastings
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

My 4 year old enjoyed himself. Probably wasn't as much to see as what we'd expected. Lots of the same animals. Goats, horses... it was quite cold the day we went, didn't take us long to get round, probably half an hour. Pricing was quite expensive we thought.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

We took our 4 year old here this morning for a fun time seeing the animals. We purchased feed for the animals which she enjoyed. Great walking around in the "farm like" environment. Would not go here without kids as for adults it gets a bit repetitive. Some animals we had never seen up close which was nice to see. Would go back when next in Napier.

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Went to the place with my 6 y old son, he really enjoyed feeding the animals.
They also offer Pony and train rides for some extra fees.
Overall I found the place and the pricing reasonable and worth a visit with kids.
They may need to build more toilets as I only found one available.

Reviewed 7 June 2017

Just to get it out of the way, there is not a lot to see or do in this place.

What this place offers is a fill-in activity that you can complete in an hour or so of visit. Which is what we needed to do after visiting Te Mata Peak and having lunch in one of the wineries in the area.

People who grew up in rural/farm areas will find the novelty factor thin. But our 6 year old kid, who has little opportunity to be in farms, enjoyed the opportunity to get close to the farm animals and feed the chickens so definitely it was a fun time for her.

Reviewed 30 April 2017

I'm not an animal expert but this place seemed very smelly (and poopy). My daughters enjoyed it, but I thought it was very expensive and I thought the farmyard was pretty messy and didn't appear to be well looked after. I could be totally wrong - other reviewers thought it was AOK - maybe it was just late in the day, but I've been to other farmyards and they were no where near as smelly as this one.