All reviewsold housedown the roadten minuteslots of characterhigh ceilingswithin easy walking distancemany yearsliving roomnet curtainsdouble bedaucklandflatscbdpianoensuiteroomydryer
Reviewed 21 February 2018

Paid hotel prices for rooms that were NOT serviced, no towel change, or beds made. I booked 8 rooms and had 2 vans and not enough parking. It is NOT a hotel. They dont tell you and read a sign on reception. Orient room had a small shower in terms of space, tea, coffee not replenished as friends had to take coffee from the orient room. Small fridge, our seal was broken. I sent feedback and no response so that is telling you how poor there service is. I would not stay here. Great location but I would expect more when paying $180 - $160 a night. T

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
TheDevereux R, Front Office Manager at The Devereux Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Thank you for raising your concerns. Your feedback is valuable to us.

On account of privacy-preserving policy and safety for your belongings, room services such as towel-changing and coffee-refilling will be granted only if guests hang out the “make up my room” sign in front of the door. We have this message about the cleaning service behind every room door. Sincerely hope that you could understand.

The Devereux is situated near the downtown district and offers limited free parking for the guests. Our staff has explained the situation to your colleague.

When you raised problems with the fridge, two staff of the Devereux checked it without any delay and found no abnormal situation there. We will make sure our staff will reply our guest next time even when there’s no problem.

Our room rate depends on the room type. Apart from the $180-$160 Deluxe Suite you’ve booked, you’ve also booked the Executive, Standard Suite and Economy Room with Shared Bathroom which are inferior to Deluxe Suite at a lower price. No matter what room type you’ve booked, we serve everyone the same.

Reviewed 18 February 2018

It was a nice quiet location. the room was missing a few things that make any long term stay comfortable. no room in the bathroom no shelfs or bench space to put personal items. there was a framed photo in the ideal space that a tv would have been best in to be seen from the bed. there was no lamp that worked all the bulbs were either blown or never worked so had to get up and down to the door light when in bed. the ad stated the room had a telephone but there was no phone and we really needed it that night because our mobiles wouldn't work.

Stayed: October 2017
Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

Lovely old building, mixture of large and economy rooms, most have en-suite but a couple of share toilet. Decor a little tired in our bathroom and our room did have a frosted glass door to the bathroom, not good if you sharing with a friend! Does breakfast and does have parking but not enough for every room. You can park on the main road, shops and restaurants within ten minutes walking either way down Remuera Road. Rooms have fridge and kettle. It’s a handy location and friendly helpful hotel.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 February 2018

I had my daughter stay here recently and it was just perfect. the street appeal is pretty ordinary, there are some very old flats I front. You drive down the driveway past these units to see an amazing house. I now they can't do anything about that but it was quite off putting. In any case, the room was lovely the bathroom was great. I would recommend the Devereux

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for 1 night, I was a little apprehensive given the mixed reviews on here.
I arrived early as my flight landed at 5am, although I had to wait for reception to open, they allowed me to check in at around 11am as soon as they had cleaned the room which was much apprecitated!
Room was nice, clean and comfortable. Breakfast was good although I would have preferred it if they would have presented all items seperately ie youghurt was put on my cornflakes!
The hotel is around 20mins from the main centre of auckland but good bus links.
Overall, staff friendly, comfortable stay for one night, building could do with a little TLC.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo