“Food has impoved greatly”

The Blacksmith Eatery and Bar
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Takanini
Reviewed 11 September 2017

Came here for our sons 18th birthday (his choice). Wasnt expecting much as we had dined here a couple of times when they first opened and was underwhelmed.
Unfortunately we came on quiz night so were seated upstairs which has very little atmosphere compared to downstairs.
We all had entrees. I had the garlic pizza bread which was good, our son had the squid which was tender and tasty and my husband had the scallops and pork belly which were mouth watering delicious.
Our mains were also brilliant. Our son had a burger which we didn't try but by the looks of his empty plate was pretty good. My husband had the chicken fettucine which was creamy and very tasty. I had the duo of duck which - I have to say was the best thing ive tasted for a while. We tried to go back the following sat night just to have the same dish (that's how good it was) but we were turned away at the door as they were fully booked.
In summary the food has definitely improved immeasurably.
Its a shame upstairs has no atmosphere as downstairs is really nice but that would be the only bad thing I would say about The Blacksmith.
We will definitely be back for more but will make sure we book!

Reviewed 9 September 2017

There is nothing wrong with The Blacksmith. It is roomy and reasonably comfortable. There are a decent range of beers, wines and spirits. The food is plentiful. When they have entertainment on it is very good.
The trouble it that most of the time it has very little atmosphere. It is a vast space that lacks charm. The bar staff are efficient but have no real skill with people. There is nothing that makes this place stand out from any other bar in any other mall in the world. If you are in the area it is not a bad place to meet some friends. But I wouldn't make it a destination.

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Always come here to meet up with drinks & dinner with friends and family get togethers. Value for money, staff are great, food is good too disappointed sometimes but majority of the time they are on point.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

Great little local place for a affordable, delicious bite to eat while catching up with friends or family. Two different seating areas depending on your mood - you can sit down at one of the many tables and enjoy a good hot meal, or park yourself on the bar side and chow down on some bar food (recommend the pizza!) and a few drinks!

Reviewed 10 August 2017

Local restaurant and bar near home, such a great place to go and catch up over a bite. I've been there maybe 4 times now, and each time my experience was different.

First time was #1 sisters birthday, the food was delicious. Especially the ribs, they were falling of the bone. Staff were friendly.

The next 2 times, food was pretty average, ribs were a tad dry, and staff were a tad slow and not very attentive.

Thoroughly enjoy the outdoor seating area which is a heated area.