“Yummy food and nice ambience”

Jacks Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 42 Restaurants in Arrowtown
Price range: US$4 - US$21
Description: Jack Tewa, Maori Jack, the local legend, saviour of lives and finder of gold. Given the name to our Bar and Restaurant, situated in the picturesque Arrowtown - serving classic pub meals with a twist of New Zealand flair. Jacks is the perfect place to unwind and let our amazing staff take care of you!
Reviewed 2 June 2016

Really nice food and atmosphere. Good food and nice staff who served good wines. Pork belly was tender and delicious. Nice vegetable compliments too.

Reviewed 28 April 2016

A lovely day and I mean stunningly gorgeous with the trees in full vivid colour, a river in the distance shimmering through the trees, the afternoon sun not too hot, not too cold, not a breath of wind and outstanding service from the young man with the English accent. We arrive and are two of about 6 people siting outside having ordered our meals and had our drinks delivered. Sounds great? Well it was until a couple arrived, sat next to us and began to light up cigarettes. We had to move inside and although the waiter was apologetic, he was unable to do anything as it was this businesses policy to allow smoking outside. You can't smoke inside, however some did waft in on us anyway. Chicken sandwich, fish and chips coffee and a beer. It was OK food but I would have said it was outstanding if we could of enjoyed the environment rather than being persecuted by smokers. People are really intolerant of smokers anyway, let alone near food. Change your policy!

Reviewed 26 April 2016

I did a mountain bike ride from Queenstown to Arrowtown, and arrived in town just as the annual autumn parade was starting. After watching the parade for a while, I dropped into Jacks for a quick cold drink. Friendly staff (they refilled my waterbottle for me, as well as serving me a very nice, very cold cider), nice location and good seats.

If you are in Arrowtown for ten minutes before riding back to Queenstown, you could do a lot worse than visit this pub!

Reviewed 16 April 2016

We had lunch with family here on two different days. the staff are really friendly (even offering us sunblock as it was so sunny). The food was great quality and not very expensive and generally is was a lovely lunch in a pretty area.

Nice to walk down by the river after lunch too.

1  Thank ChrisWOwens
Reviewed 12 April 2016

Enjoyed a nice breakfast here. Nice atmosphere and tasty food. I'll definitely be back next time I'm in Arrowtown.