Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews el questro tour group glamping tents setting is lovely zebedee springs cool down great restaurant an oasis ceiling fan spent two nights barramundi gorge fridge accommodation bush station kimberley
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 September 2021

We stayed in a tented cabin, it was very modern and clean, great ensuite, a really different experience. Tours were good with very knowledgeable tour guides, but the thing that gives Emma Gorge a 5 star review has to be the staff. Every one of them so friendly, helpful and greet you with a smile at all times. The pool area was lovely, as was the food and cocktails. Would recommend a visit here.

Date of stay: September 2021
Reviewed 19 September 2021

We were there just over 3 years ago, but some things never change. Frankly I loved this place. I marvelled that being so isolated they could operate at such a standard. I mean…..what do you do if you run out of milk for instance! We loved the tented cabins - people talking about them being hot during the day- why on earth would you be in your cabin during the day for goodness sake, you’ve come to see the place. I would go back if circumstances changed. A magical experience,

Room tip: I was here 3 years ago so couldn’t fill in the tick boxes appropriately.
Date of stay: June 2021
ElQuestro Reviews, Owner at El Questro Emma Gorge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2021

Hi robertbettinat, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your fabulous review! We're delighted to read that your stay with us at El Questro - Emma Gorge was 5/5 it is indeed a truly magical place. We can't wait to welcome you back to experience it all over again! Kind Regards, the El Questro team.

Reviewed 18 September 2021 via mobile

An oasis in the wilderness park.
The cabins are clean and modern. They are hot during the day, as you would expect, however the fan provides adequate relief from the heat. The bed and bathroom are a little bit small.
The pool is a welcoming addition to the facilities.
The staff are friendly, welcoming and have good knowledge of the area.
The outdooor bar, lounge and restaurant are all lovely, and provide a luxury tropical feel
The food is outstanding and the talk of all Kimberley travellers who have stayed here.
We had a Luxury Escapes 3 day package that was good value
I would highly recommend this resort.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi ColinO413, thank you for taking a few minutes to leave your comments about your stay at El Questro, it’s much appreciated. We’re happy to read you had a wonderful time and especially enjoyed Emma Gorge. It’s a great way to get back to nature but with all the perks of a hotel! The food this year has been exceptional thanks to our head chef who has created a delicious menu sourcing locally grown produce. We hope to have you over again soon. Kind Regards, the El Questro team.

Reviewed 11 August 2021

For accommodation described as a 'tented cabin', I was expecting the accommodation to be basic, but sufficient & sealed from the wildlife.. It was not! On the first night we had over 12 frogs and one lizard come in through unsealed sections & light fixtures. One frog dropped on top of me in bed! I looked online & there were other vacant accommodation options at El Questro so I emailed El Questro photos & asked to be moved to sealed accommodation & advised that we would pay any price difference to be moved. After two emails I received no response agreeing to relocate us. The only response we received to 'address' the issues was a gardener came to our room who said in a patronising manner he had never seen frogs in the cabins during this season. I pointed out that one was still in the bathroom which we couldn't catch, & he caught it & let outside. He said that if there are more frogs we can just flush them down the toilet. It was not a solution as we literally spent hours catching frogs throughout the night. Our main concern was snakes following the frogs in via the gaps for an easy meal.

So my first issue was the fact the accommodation at the price was not sealed, & my second & main issue was El Questro's lack of sufficient response considering we were happy to pay to be moved. We were booked & paid to stay for four nights but ended up leaving after three nights as the frogs were relentless. Since we basically had little to no sleep throughout the nights, we were tired during the days & therefore didn't really enjoy our trip overall & were so pleased to leave & I was happy to pay any amount for accommodation elsewhere. Also FYI after speaking with other guests, we were not the only tent which had frogs inside.

Some other things to note about this accommodation which are not dealbreakers but good to know ahead of time, there is no fridge in the tent & you cannot lock the tent from the outside so you have to keep your valuables in your car. We were also not told upon checkin that if you want the room serviced you have to ask at reception - I only found this out when we were leaving. Not a big deal but would have been good to be advised at checkin.

I just want to note that a frog also jumped & stuck onto my leg in the outdoor restaurant which didn't bother me since we were outdoors - but I did have a massive issue with them dropping on me while in bed!

The new owners of El Questro might want to think about sealing their accommodation, or if not, then dropping the price by around $300! Never again will we stay at any El Questro property after their lack of customer service.

Date of stay: July 2021
Reviewed 8 June 2021

We arrived after a very long day on a bus, we had called into several gorges and places of interest, crossed the Pentecostal River just at sunset (site of the cattle river crossing in the movie Australia) finally arrived at Emma Gorge Resort and the place was electric. Suddenly our tired spirits lifted and a quick beer at the bar during happy hour was all it took to get the whole group back on track.
The evening meal after a quick freshen up was great as was the hot breakfast next morning.Not to forget how comfortable the accomodation and facilities were.
Unfortunately all came to an end as we moved out in the morning with many more highlights to see over the next week. I would love to return one day and spend more time here.

Date of stay: May 2021