“"SPURIOUS",not real,unauthentic! Do they even know where Thailand is?”
Review of Airlie Thai - CLOSED

Airlie Thai
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 1 September 2016

We ordered the Sizzling garlic prawns and Jasmine (non sticky) rice. We were very surprised how fast it arrived at our table, almost like they were lurking in the kitchen waiting for an order. Sizzling plate means sizzle, not warm water. Everything had that boiled taste except for the prawns, they were tasteless. The only flavor was the salty minced garlic. I went to the counter and politely asked for some chili to give it some kick. When the waitress was getting it from the kitchen it erupted into an uproar of banter and heckling, as if it was a necessity to add some spice. After returning to the table my wife told me the owner with arms folded had come out and given us the look of death. The meal could not be resurrected and the left overs were not good enough to take home to the birds. We promptly paid the $38.70 and left before the knives came out. If you are into thrill seeking, go for it! We have been to the floating restaurant in Bankok, now that is an experience. So big, they bring it on roller skates.

Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

We had dinner here 2 evenings, both times the meals were delicious, the meals we purchased we shared between us all. Staff and service was all great

Reviewed 22 August 2016

We went here for dinner. The service was great, the food was tasty. We had curry puffs, duck red curry and a chilli beef dish. My biggest complaint is that the wine list is pretty thin and not a good selection. They do offer BYO with a corkage fee, so I would recommend that if you want a good wine that you do that.

Reviewed 22 August 2016

We were here during the Whitsunday festival and sat right on the balcony as the fireworks were going off outside. It was the best seat in the house and a great place to eat in Airlie.

There wasn't a great amount of options on the menu and my order tasted different to any Thai I had before. It had a very strong sweet chilli sauce flavour. It was nice though and we would go back. The waitress was lovely, the wine was yummy and the food was very reasonably priced. Thanks for a good meal!

Reviewed 17 August 2016

Although not visible from street level this place is definitely worth a trip up the stairs
Very accommodating to my Gluten free partner.
The Red Curry & Pad Thai were both delicious & very generous serves.
Service was a little bit slow.