1,315 results
All reviewsspa suitetropical breakfastclipper restaurantbay view roomhammock on the balconyhot breakfastocean frontbreakfast was includedrestaurant stafftour deskpool areaabell point marinalarge poolreception staffoutdoor spawithin easy walking distancestunning views
Reviewed 26 April 2017

Anyone who can complain about a business after a natural disaster is short a few screws ! As we had booked the Coral Sea Resort before the cyclone hit we didn't know if the hotel would be open for our stay. The resort did a fantastic job keeping their website updated on the condition of the property so we could make a decision whether to stay or not. We stayed here April 23-25 for a short vacation away and other than the trees looking bare you wouldn't have known a cyclone had blown through a few weeks before. The staff were fantastic and the resort is in a great location. 10 min walk to the Main St and 10 min walk to Abell Point Marina. The views from the resort are unbeatable so I recommend an ocean view room. We will stay again next time we are in Airlie Beach !

Room Tip: Stayed in a Coral Sea Spa Suite and was great. The hammock was a great touch!
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trevor L
Reviewed 26 April 2017

The position of the Coral Sea cannot be compared to any other accommodation at Airlie Beach. Both sunrise and sunset from the restaurant allow for a breath taking experience...a little slice of paradise. Although a few renos were happening due to the cyclone aftermath 3 weeks later, the resort held up well. A few cosmetic upgrade on the jetty are necessary to bring the resort to a more pristine image. We found a pleasant surprise that a full buffet breakfast is included in the tariff.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 24 April 2017

My daughter and I stayed here for one night and we were extremely happy. The hotel was clean and modern. The staff were friendly and helpful. Our room was a good size with 2 x queen beds. Nice hot shower, clean amenities, had a little patio as well. I would suggest asking for a pool view though. Speaking of pool, the area was beautiful. Nice size pool, plenty of lounges and seating areas around the pool with a spectacular view of the ocean. We ate at the restaurant, a late lunch and it was very appetising. I could not fault this hotel at all and I would be more than happy to come back here on my next visit to Airlie.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool / ocean view room
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

We checked with our travel consultant and was assured everything at the hotel was up n running before deciding whether to cancel our trip due to cyclone Debbie and was told pool may not be on 1st day but will on 2nd day. Room had beautiful views over the bay but no door on our bathroom, which i would of expected with our 13yr old daughter. our dinner was not good but did not charge for 1 meal. We did ask for a drink n was told hotels has no fresh pineapple due to cyclone. We got our breakfast and were lots if pinapple!
We got woken up at 7.45am with a band playing on Good Friday, which was right next door, when asked at reception said it was a church band practicing for a 9.30am service and asjed why would u put our room next door when booking us in, just got we will talk to band!
Receptionist on 1st day was good and very helpful. We also had ladders on the stairs n workmen fixing things but no cones or signs up for safety Pool did not get sorted as promised.
We paid top dollar to stay at the hotel and was very disappointed as we had saved for a long time.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Greg W, General Manager at Coral Sea Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2017

Forgive my bluntness but I am surprised that your travel agent would advise that the hotel was fully operational directly following a cyclone. We were very diligent throughout the following days to ensure that information was constantly updated on our website and many guests used this as a point of reference. I also received many phone calls and was completely honest with every guests arriving that the pool was not open. The room that you choose a Bayview suite has an open style of bathroom but there is a privacy screen (cedar blinds) and this design is nothing to do with the cyclone damage. Pineapple and many foods was not available directly after the cyclone and I would think it unreasonable to assume that it would be. By the following day however suppliers had started to receive goods and we were able to offer fresh juice and hot breakfast as other guests have commented here already.
Should you brought your disappointment to my attention during your stay it would have been my pleasure to make amends to you in a more tangible manner.
Regards Greg Waites.

Reviewed 16 April 2017

After staying at the Coral Sea for a work engagement I can say that the Resort should come as highly recommended.

The staff were warm and friendly, the room well appointed with a fantastic view and the food at both breakfast and dinner was delicious and plentiful.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business