“DISAPPOINTING..”

Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 March 2016 via mobile

Initially I called and spoke to someone who claimed to be the manager and I inquired about the booking of a private room for a function. I explained that there will be a DJ, MC and drums as it will be a party. I was given the ok and told to pay a deposit.
The next day I arrived to be "greeted" by the owner/ manager seated with about ten men engaged in conversation and ignorant to the fact a woman was present.
After I finally got the attention of the "spokesman"and was confirming our phone conversation regarding booking; I was told to my surprise that no loud music is allowed, which means no DJ, no party!!
He suggested I use a stereo?! Just would like to know are we in the yr 2016 or do they still think it's 1916?? Lol...

There are newer reviews for Gebran

Reviewed 18 January 2016

Had a meal when passing through Sydney and staying in nearby hotel. The food was disappointing and service was slow, with segregated males and females on that particular night. Quality of the food was poor. This is an area which has a real shortage of good restaurants. A largely Lebanese community but have had much better Lebanese in many other places.

Reviewed 15 December 2015 via mobile

Enjoyed food & place well maintained.
Went for buffet, was enough for all. Lamb was delicious, enjoyed Souvlaki's. Recommended for small gather

Reviewed 10 August 2015

Extremely poor service, VERY little food for $55 p/head mains were dry as a bone and could choke on and arrive extremely late whilst serving very little mezza. Had to go to kitchen myself to get food. Did not get all mezza Banquet promises. No apology and VERY,, VERY VERY rude and arrogant staff.

4  Thank Viv N
Reviewed 23 July 2015 via mobile

Had a final family night here in Sydney before heading off back home to the wonderful summer times of Scotland . Had a great night here with family and friends. We had the 42 dollar banquet menu and the starters just kept coming and all were fresh tabbouleh , houmous Lebnah and any amount of bread , fried cauliflower and some other dips and mezzes. Then onto the meat. Sausages three types of skewers with chicken , beef be minced lamb. All beautifully cooked. Sadly no room for desserts but went next door for a plate of takeaway patisseries
Service was very friendly and helpful and I would defo recommend this restaurant. I do note a number of adverse trip advisor reviews but we could not really fault this one and we have eaten well in Sydney in a number of various places

4  Thank AllanThomson