US$177
US$160
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$93
Belaire Place Motel Apartments(Caloundra)(Great Value!)
US$114
  • Pool
City Centre Motel(Caloundra)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$40
  • Free Internet
US$236
  • Pool
Caloundra Waterfront Holiday Park(Caloundra)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewshogs breathacross the roadcoffee machinepool barcoffee clubbedroom ocean apartmentpools are greatheated lap poolbulcock beachspa bathsunshine coastnight managertext messageocean viewking bedlight switcheseach morning
Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

My wife and I spent 3 days at Rumba Resort while travelling to queensland for a wedding and visiting friends. The resort is very modern, clean and well maintained. Access to the beachfront is extremely easy with the walk through from the first level, the rooms are spacious, well appointed and the beds are comfortable. Zoned air conditioning make it simple to create a cool space to sleep in, and the ocean views from the terrace are very nice. Staff are friendly and helpful. Will certainly consider saying here again.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
William D, General Manager at Rumba Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2017

Dear Rallas, we'd love to see you again. Many thanks. Bill.

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

Have stayed here 3 times, and love it. Always get and apartment with a ocean view. Looking over bullcock beach is beautiful
Apartments are modern and plenty of room, very clean
Resort close to Bullcock street, restaurants. Markets are on Friday night and Sunday and definitely worth going to
Great place to stay

Stayed: April 2016

Dear Kerry12665, great to hear you like returning to Rumba. We really appreciate it. Cheers, Bill.

Reviewed 9 February 2017

Been here before with the family and in spite of looking at other properties the location of this place is to good to pass up. I asked for a water view room which I got but it was right at the end of the unit block. Overlooking an old house but great views of the water. Room 201. Pretty quiet room but would have preferred a higher level. I think 301/401 might be better not so close to the downstairs bar area and looking less at the house roof and more of the water view. The check in staff were good easy to deal with and as I expected the room was meticulously clean. Beds great loads of pillows. Kitchen spotless. The outdoor setting was clean which was nice as some places I have been this has not been the case. The pools are lovely with shaded areas, great for kids. Local eateries are good. I did go to the hairdresser mentioned in the advertisement in room and feel I was unfairly overcharged for a service I did not ask for. However she did do a nice colour. I will go again to Rumba just need to find some time. Feeling relaxed.

Room Tip: Just ask for your personal preference staff will try to give you what you want I'm sure.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Janet B, thank you for the feedback and the positive comments. We really appreciate it. Regards, Bill.

Reviewed 8 February 2017

Perfect location on the beach, surrounded by loads of dining options, and close to all the shops.

Excellent rooms (self-contained apartments) with a vast array of equipment (everything you aould expect to have in your own home), and a wide range of TV channels. Excellent free wifi. Very efficient centralised AC. Big balcony, in our case overlooking the pools with a view over the adjacent building to the sea and the northern tip of Bribie Island.

The reception and bar/cafe staff are very friendly indeed, and complete their business before you realise it.

The two pools are open but shady, and there are enough loungers and chairs/tables.

An excellent resort, excellently run.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear ExpatPlanters, thank you for the excellent review. Regards, Bill.

Reviewed 1 February 2017

We came to the Rumba for a 7 night stay with the family, fresh off a 12 hour night shift and a 5 hour flight. I mentioned to reception that I was keen to sit and grab a beer and was instantly presented with a complimentary drink voucher for the new bar. Great start! I had also organised flowers and champagne for my wife from a local florist and the staff had kindly taken delivery and placed them in our room. Brilliant!
We stayed in a 2 bed studio apartment this time (as the ocean view apartments were booked out) and were really happy when we got a room on the 5th floor (507) and realised that the view from this room was nearly as good as the ocean view apartments. The rooms are all set out the same way and all have the same amenities in them. Top class appliances everywhere. Shower pressure is not great but everyone is on water saving devices these days so can't complain too much. The beds are heavenly and there is enough different pillows supplied (hard & soft) so you should be able to find one that suits. We slept well most nights but did find the noise of others closing (slamming) doors was evident. If you're a light sleeper (like me) chances are you will get woken at some stage, especially if the hotel is busy.
January was flat out busy with most tenants being families with children, so don't expect a quiet time in the pools. If you can afford to wait until after Australia Day, you will be rewarded with a quieter resort without so many kids. Depends on what you're after I guess.
Hats off to all the staff and thanks to Ashlee? (hope I spelt that right) for arranging a later check out for us to fit in with an outgoing flight. I can't speak highly enough of all who work here.
To just put the final piece of icing on the cake, we received a coupon for a 15% discount on our next trip booked direct with the hotel and my wife and I are already looking at dates! Can't wait to go back and would not consider staying elsewhere

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor (5th preferably) if you get a studio apartment
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Matnshaz

Dear Matnshaz, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for writing such a great review. Cheers, Bill.