“Groupon Lunch”

Ranked #29 of 218 Restaurants in Caloundra
Price range: US$15 - US$69
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Set in the picturesque backdrop of Pelican Waters with views across the waterway and golf club, The Grill offers a contemporary Australian menu alongside extensive grill selections. Spending much of his career working on the coast, Head chef Benjamin Limpus has created a menu that features the freshest seasonal, local produce and the best cut's of meat from select Australian farms. Dishes like Wagyu Beef Tataki, flame roasted chilli, finger lime, shiitake dust and Manhattan Seafood Chowder, sourdough, matchstick vegetables, prawn oil are just two of the highlights. The signature dish - 100 day Grain fed 800gm Rump for two with chermoula basted Mooloolaba king prawns, roasted potatoes, jus - is must try for steak lovers. The wine list compliments the restaurant menu with a large selection of reds and a extensive cellar to match everyone’s liking. Guests can enjoy pre-dinner cocktails and drinks in our spacious bar or on the terrace whilst enjoying views of Pelican Waters
Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

Had our first ever Groupon lunch today. I was very impressed. The champagne was nice the cob loaf was delicious and my vegetarian meal was yummy. The surrounds were lovely and the waiter was excellent. We will be back.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

I took advantage of the Groupon offer and enjoyed a lovely lunch with my son. The food was beautiful and service was efficient and with a smile. The restaurant is really lovely and spacious and the menu is extensive with lots of options. I’ve already purchased another voucher and can’t wait to go again!

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

Visited this hotel restaurant for the first time for Mother’s Day lunch.

They were one of the few venues I researched that did not demand a deposit for booking lunch on Mother’s Day!

They did ask for payment on arrival and we had to nominate if taking the 2 ($45) or 3 course ($55) menu ahead of time but as the price was quite reasonable for this type of venue I was not put off.

Anyone doing lunch on this day will know how complicated it has become. Some places even want payment in full after booking!

I can sympathise with the frustration restaurant owners have on managing expectations on this busy lunching day but my advice would be to treat it like a normal day if they have had cancellations and bad experiences with customers in the past rather than punish the genuine customers with so many rules and restrictions.

Some restaurants even have early and late lunch sittings as well as brunch and dinner to milk as much as they can from this day.

The Grill said we could sit at 12pm or as late as 2pm but my guess is that was so they staff the service accordingly.

It was a fixed menu but they were only too happy to let me know the choices ahead over the phone and then it was also posted on their website.

I booked in person over the phone because a relative told me their web booking service was unreliable.

On arrival they did not demand payment up front and we sat in a beautiful light dining room where the service was friendly and very good.

The food (limited choices though they were) was excellent and we all enjoyed a bit of indulgent cordon bleu eating.

I would definitely think of doing same again next year but am also wanting to go back and try the full menu.

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

Staying at the Sebel Pelican Waters we visited the restaurant for dinner.
It was all delicious although the salmon in a shallow broth was interesting and could have been better without the broth. The lamb rump was tender well cooked and a pleasure to eat.
The interesting dessert was their take on the crime caramel. Deconstructed was probably one of the best I’ve had (and I’ve had plenty)

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

Brilliant service and first class food at The Grill Resturant. Yummy food. Lovely staff. Amazing gym and group exercise program. 100% happy.