“Thank goodness the food is good..........”
Review of Alooshi

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Alooshi
Ranked #128 of 199 Restaurants in Mooloolaba
Cuisines: Lebanese
Reviewed 31 August 2013

because the service is appalling! We've been here a few times now and twice been told we weren't allowed to order entrees while we waited for other members of our party to arrive. Last night we had 2 guests arriving later than the rest of our party and I was told on the phone when the restaurant called to confirm our booking, that they had to order by 6.30pm. The waitress was really lovely, but the owner was rude and wasn't going to allow us to order some food as we had to "order altogether, at the same time". I'm not sure I want to go back, even if the food is good. Who needs to be treated like that when you're paying for a night out?

Date of visit: August 2013
2  Thank kaiah04

Reviewed 30 August 2013

The first time we tried go here they were booked out! When we got home we realised they did take away (despite the poor service the first time we decided we needed to try this place).

We got takeaway the following week and it was delicious! We will eat it next time to try the full menu.

Date of visit: August 2013
1  Thank Nadia1982
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I have been here several times with friends, the food is really great; very filling. It is not a cheap restaurant like most people are used to but in saying that, the food quality reflects the price.

I must say every time I have been here for dinner it is very busy and it is worth calling ahead to book a table

I see there are a lot of bad reviews here for the service; I have never had an issue, between my friends and I the cost has never gone over $50 and we have had drinks, a main each and shared a platter. But also note they do not split the bill.

Date of visit: March 2013
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Firstly I am excited that there is something new on the sunny coast and that is good traditional vibrant Lebanese cuisine! Secondly WOW, great food great value and great staff! Third thing reading these reviews it's great to see good feed back more then bad feed back... I can sit here write for ages as to how my experience at alooshi was guys get there and try it... I love it...

Date of visit: April 2013
Reviewed 3 April 2013 via mobile

I really love Lebanese food and was so excited when I heard that Alooshi was opening here at Mooloolaba. I found the food pretty good overall, but I was really surprised at how much they were charging for what they gave. I've eaten much better food for a lot less money elsewhere and was amazed at how expensive it was. In addition, they don't allow split bills which is a real pain. I think that this place could be great if they delivered better value for money.

Date of visit: April 2013